Sunday 22 July 2018

Quiet

It has been quiet around the house, not that the cats were loud or big talkers but their absence brings a strange quiet to the place. Its a new normal that I am adjusting too. I am slowly getting their bits and pieces cleaned up and put away, or thrown away as needs be. Teddy Bear and I took Desi to the vet on Saturday to have him cremated. Its done and I am glad to have this nearly last deed taken care of. Getting the ashes back and placing them in a final resting place will be the last step and somehow one of the easier for me.

So I am organizing myself and getting myself back to this new normal. I started on another quilt.


The pattern is called Celtic Twist. Its super easy and I do like the look of it. It reminds me a bit of a new play on a wedding ring quilt. It sewed up quick enough and now I am quilting.


Feels rather odd to be able to quilt without having to wrestle the cats for the quilt. I have high hopes that this one will work up as quickly as the top was sewn up. I am doing it as a wedding social prize for a friend. I just hope she likes it. She had no say in what I was making. Its a not so surprise gift.

I finally finally finally got the dining room back in order. It was a major mess for longer than I should admit to. I am not showing the before picture because I do have a scrap of pride left but here is the after:


I will carry on and work at each room until I get it back to where the house should be. No more letting things slide, its been happening for far too long.

Other than that not much is happening around here. Housework, work and No Cook Fridays. that's my life in a nutshell, with some crafty stuff thrown in now and then.

Toodles,
Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment