Monday 30 July 2018

And the Cleaning Continues.

It was so nice to come home tonight to a clean (yeah I said it!!) clean kitchen. I got busy on the weekend and took a ride on the happiness train that was created by a clean dining room. I tackled the kitchen and a portion of the laundry room. It made a world of difference to my mood when I walked in that door tonight. Once again my scrap of remaining pride prohibits the the sharing of the before pictures but I will share one. The laundry room


An over abundance of stuff that needs to go back to where it lives or be gone. Here is the after picture:


I am happy I found a purpose for the little wire bin that is on the top of the cabinet. It holds my plastic grocery bags. I know I should not use them but I do pass them onto a group that uses them to crochet sleeping mats for homeless people. That makes me feel a bit better about them. Once I figure out how to use cloth grocery bags with click and collect, these will end and I will use the bin for something else. I also am happy that the wicker box on the deep freeze has a new purpose. It used to hold cassette tapes but now it hides some clutter that I have no where to put. It makes the place look neater. Now I have to figure out what to do with the laundry basket that used to be there. I have a hard time parting with a basket. The newel post is going to be painted and made into a wreath hanger one of these days. Stay tuned!!!

Here is my not yet perfect but oh so much cleaner kitchen





There is usually a big old pile of things in front of this poor hutch. Things to be donated, things to go to the recycle, the dump, to work etc. Now there is just this little stool thing that I have not found a place for yet or a purpose but I will. I love the look of it and it has potential, I just have to find a use for it. Now you can just see mostly floor. Its a proud moment.

I am still working on the quilt and I am so happy to say it will be finished this week. Then I can move onto the next one. So excited.

The living room is next on the clean up hit list. I am going to keep going as long as the mood is with me. The weekend is going to include  a good clean of the upstairs. Its a disaster but only because things need to go back into the closet and  soooooo many magazines need to be purged.

Mama Bug and I may get together on Saturday and have a card making session. I think it will be super fun. We have not had a visit in a while and its always fun getting crafty with a like minded friend. I hope we manage it.

So that's about it. Work, cleaning, quilting and the no cook thing. Its my life at the moment and I have to say its ok by me. I so want to get this initial cleaning done, then the trick will be to keep it up.

Toodles,
Linda




No comments:

Post a Comment