Sunday 8 July 2018

I Have Ice Ice Baby

Thanks to the help of the Banker I have a new fridge. I found one in a flyer and she went to look at it. Then, because she is fabulous and things i flyers are often not as cheap as they seem, she went looking about for a better deal for me AND found one. Most of the brand new ones you might as well add on $200.00 more to the price for delivery, removal and to change the door. Long story short I have one that is two years old, old one gone, door opens the right way, its a Frigidaire and it was less money to boot. Its lovely. My bad legs limit my shopping abilities so she is my eyes often when I need something.

Yesterday went like this. I got up and started to clear a path for them to get the fridge into the house and to clean out the old one.Takes a while to peel off the magnets, get the stuff off the top and what little there was in it, out. Then I moved it out of its place and out of the way so they could get the new one in.


Because the local appliance store I got it from is just at the end of my block, the owner and his grandson literally walked the new one down to my place. On the hottest day of the year no less.


In no time at all it was in the house and the old one was out and on its way back up the block. Bye bye old fridge!!


So I hope with all my heart that this one works for a long time. Its so nice to have things cold once again and to be able to have ice cubes!! Heaven


Yeah its not going to be that naked for long. Those magnets need somewhere to live!! I wasted no time in getting it filled up again


So happy to be able to put things on the door. The old fridge was mostly held together with duct tape so door shelves and drawers did not function as they should.

And later that day I had ICE ICE BABY. I am soooooo happy



Now I have said over and over I have the most wonderful friends and I do. I don't know why I deserve them but I am over the top grateful I have them. This arrived on my door step on Friday night. The picture is a tad dark but its a portable air conditioner. 


The Banker and her Sweet Baboo gave it to me. They have had central air put in and no longer need it. I was blown away. As this summer heats up I was wondering how I would manage to get one. I really can't afford to change my mind thanks to the taxes, the water heater and the fridge. This was just such a blessing. She even carried it upstairs for me. I can get it set up and not have to worry about sleeping upstairs, which can be a real oven throughout the summer if its hot outside. 

The downstairs one will work for one more year I hope but I am going to have to replace it soon. I had hoped to do a portable one there too but from an inspection of the window, I think its going to have to be another window one. I think the window is so painted that its not going to go up or down no matter what I think should happen. Oh well I hope I can get the old one out and the new one in when the time comes.

For now I am happy and cool, and grateful for the good people I know.

So many blessings!!

Toodles
Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment