Tuesday 26 June 2018

catching up ????

So its been a week, not the best but its been a week. Ok the water heater has been replaced. The old one is out and the new one is in and that is a blessing. There were other blessing as well as the odd " What now!!" thrown in for fun.

Monday the plumber came, gave the situation a look and said he would come back Tuesday and replace it. He turned the main water on so I had cold water. I got over excited and shut everything off when I figured out the leak. The Banker and her Sweet Baboo came over and moved my washing machine so that the plumbers had easy access to getting things up and down the stairs.

Tuesday, they arrived in time and the whole process went without a hitch. It was my birthday and I was getting a new water heater. I know how to spoil myself. That was not all I was getting. I was getting the flu!! or some sort of tummy bug. I started feeling ill while the plumber was here. I went to work and it just got worse and worse and by noon I was back home and on the couch. I could not even keep water down. I threw up so much my ribs hurt. I was sick all the next day but at least by Wednesday afternoon I could keep water down and dry toast.

While the basement was wide open I decided to get that old dryer out of there. It takes up some prime real estate in the basement. The Banker and her Sweet Baboo to the rescue again and they hauled it away. They also took the last of the old landscape timbers and some other assorted bits of junk. He then put the washer back but I got him to put a board under it so its a bit more stable. Part of my washer sits on the trap door to the basement. It has made a world of difference. I can wash a small load now and the washer does not go off balance. I was rather ecstatic to be able to wash clothes again.

I am still working on my quilt but I am oh so close to being finished. I have the kitchen in reasonable shape at long last. I am looking foreward to this long weekend and maybe I will get some more things done. Time will tell.

Good thing is I will have plenty of hot water to do whatever it is I am going to do.

Toodles
Linda



No comments:

Post a Comment