Monday 6 August 2018

Lovely Long Weekend

I was not too sure what I would get up to this long weekend but I did not need to worry about it. The weekend looked after itself. Friday was No Cook as always. We were a bit thin on the ground, there were only three of us in attendance. The Banker, Teddy Bear and the Sailor were off doing family related things. So the Baker, KitKat and I were there for supper and just KitKat and I for coffee. It was still a fun evening.

Mommy Bug and I spent a fabulous Saturday making greeting cards. She was in town for the weekend so we got together at her parents place and we crafted. We have not had a good visit for a long time so it was every so nice to get together and catch up.


We crafted, chatted and just generally had a great day She had lovely snacks and cooked us pasta for supper. So yummy.


And I have a bit of a stock pile of cards once again. Hers were far fancier than mine but I like mine too. I am so happy to have them made, I was running a tad low on what I have on hand and I like to have some ahead of myself. You never know when you may need a quick card. I have so much paper and embellishments I could make a thousand cards.


I will need to do another session at some point to make some thank you cards and of course Christmas ones. It was the best way to spend a Saturday!

Sunday I picked Teddy Bear up at the airport then we went for lunch. She has been off visiting her sister and her family for the last week. Once we were done our lunch  her daughter whisked her away and I popped in to have a wee visit with KitKat before I headed home. I was out for the majority of the day. By the time I got home and has a wee nap there was no point in doing too much. I made supper and lounged around for the rest of the night.

Today was coffee/breakfast with Teddy Bear. A quick text had me up and out the door in no time at all. I wish I could get up like that on a work day. Three cups of coffee later, she headed off to get groceries and I headed home to do some housework.  The Banker stopped in for a visit mid afternoon. She has been away with her man for three weeks so it was so nice to have her back. She left and it was time for supper and now I am blogging.

Did you notice I said the Banker came to visit? She came over and I could let her into the house!! How grateful and happy am I that at long last my house was in order and I could have her (or anyone) come in and not die a thousand deaths because the place was such a mess. I am currently working on the living room but the kitchen and dining room have remained tidy. This is major in my live lately. I felt like a million dollars. Its by no means perfect but it is soooo much better than it was before. Go me!!

Another good thing out of the many good things this weekend is this:


Oh yeah the quilt is done, bound and washed!! Its ready for delivery. Now I can move onto the next one.

Its been a super crafty, friend filled weekend. Back to work tomorrow but its been a nice three days.
My kind of days!! Love it!!!!

Toodles
Linda





No comments:

Post a Comment