Sunday 3 September 2017

Short and Sweet or Maybe Just Short

So its the long weekend and even better I am on a two week staycation. Too poor to go anywhere so I am staying home and pottering about the house. I am determined to do something constructive everyday. Even if its a boring as laundry or just taking out the trash, something will be done each day. I am so tired of not being on top of things and I am double sure, everyone who knows me is sick of hearing me talk about it.

So Saturday I went to Michael's, convinced my pinched nerve that yes indeed we would walk around the store and get what we needed without having to sit down in the middle of an aisle. We did it!!! I finally got the supplies to finish off the puppet stock for the craft sale and I picked up a couple of autumn decorations because they were on sale and can you ever have too many pumpkins?? I cleaned the kitchen in the afternoon and made two and a half puppets. I also had coffee on the veranda with Teddy Bear, she stopped over to borrow my folding table for her daughter' garage sale. Very productive day

Today I did the laundry. Tons of laundry, I have not washed clothes for more than two weeks, Things were getting desperate. I do have plenty of clothes, I am very fortunate that way so I could have gone a couple more days but enough was enough. I still have towels and cat blankets to do but my clothes are all nice and clean. I worked on the puppets again and on the donation quilt for my office.

I got all these put together last weekend:


Then this weekend I started to do this with them


Its looking very nice and I have the main portion of the top half sewn. Its going together very quickly and very easily. I have tons of the floral sashing material and I am so happy I am finally finding a use for it. I have another donation quilt to make and I may just use this pattern as it works up so quickly and I have lots of material in my stash. Or I may have to find another easy pattern. Endless possibilities

Had another veranda coffee chat with Teddy Bear because she brought my folding table back to me. Its so nice sitting out there on these perfect autumn days.

So two days done of my staycation and productive things were done. I am hoping to plan a couple of  days out with the Banker while I am off but I am limited with this stupid pinched nerve. I am sure I can come up with something.

Toodles,
Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment