Saturday 26 August 2017

Bit of This, Bit of That, Bit of the Other

Its been awhile, no excuses, just life getting in the way of me doing stuff. That and the fact that I have not had a whole lot happening that is blog worthy. Since next to no one actually reads this blog I don't know why I worry.

Ok the big big news is that for the first time in probably 43 or 44 years I bought myself new bedroom lamps. I bought this one ever so long ago at an auction., I fell in love with it and I still love it. But the one that matches it has not worked for years and this one needs to be rewired so I gave it a good long think and decided to get something new



I bought these. They match nicely with the head board and are a new fresh look. I don't know what to do with the old ones. I hate to throw them out, I may try to sell them and see if someone is interested in some vintage lamps. I can't be the only one out there that is.


Bad lighting in the photo, the shade is white or whitish. I really like them and it was time to get something new. I will miss the others. Thanks to my tire rebate and a gift card, the most of the cost of these was covered.

Puppet production is stalled at the moment until payday and I can get to Michael's for some more yarn. I found some granny squares I had crocheted some time ago and decided to sew them together, just for something to do. I don't have enough made to make a usable afghan but I will get some more yarn at some point and finish it. I will put it in my room for those days a nap is in order. Its old fashioned and kitchy but it will do and its making use of what is on hand. Plus it gave me something t do, used up some old yarn, waste not, want not.



Lets see what else??? I have had the CT scan to see if they can figure out what is wrong with my good leg. I have not heard the results yet, my Doctor is notorious for being slow at getting at stuff. I feel I am going have to phone him not wait for him to phone me. The Brat. I just want them to have seen something clear and defined, that can be fixed with no surgery. I am so over this not being able to walk.

Today I went and had coffee in the morning (for the third week in a row) with The Banker. Its a nice little habit we have started. I do enjoy our morning chats. KitKat joined us today because Sweet Baboo was over detaching the two decks from her trailer. Apparently you should not attach a deck to a trailer because trailers shift and move and become unlevel. I did not know that. So we chatted up a storm while he worked and then we broke up the party around noon.

I came home, had some lunch and then found myself parked in front of the tv with little to no ambition. This is not good. SO in an effort to appease both the lazy and the ambitious side of my self I finally dragged four boxes of quilt scraps out of the craft room . While I binge watched Expedition Unknown, I sorted through the boxes and reduced that portion of my stash down to three boxes. I have some to throw out, some to pass on and I sorted out the material for the donation quilt for the office. I also put the little bits, that no quilter worth their salt would throw out, into one box. I see a string quilt in my future. The next phase will be to colour sort the stash but not today. Lets not get crazy people.


Desi kept me company but he was less than enthused with the process.


I used the last box to fill these two up to the top but at least they are not so stuffed that the lids won't stay on them, like they were when I started. Not a job that anyone will see the results of but I am so pleased its been started. I have a few more boxes to go through that I hope to get down to one box. Now I have gone this far, at some point, I will think about the colour sort.

I have been working on my new quilt. I have the center section completed: I am pleased with it. It shows up bluer in real life but this gives you an idea;


I have added boarders around this center piece and that is as far as I have gotten.


This bit will be the center diamond and I will use white triangles to square it out. White triangles that I will quilt the beejeebus out of when the time comes. I am stuck as to what my next bit will be. I have no real pattern, just making it up as I go along. I need to leave it for now and get the two donation quilts done. I can come back to it once they are finished and maybe by then I will know what I want to do on the sashing. Stars? 9-patches? different patterns?? I have some time to think about it.

I did some mending on The Nurses quilt but it needs a  whole new backing. I will do that for her and re-quilt it for her. Another project that  will have to wait until I am done the donation quilts.

I put my school desk on two Facebook sites in the hopes it will sell. I hate to give it up but there just is no room for it in this house. It needs to go and I would like to get something for it. I was going to refinish it but I thought I would give it a try selling it as is.

Tomorrow will be laundry, starting the office donation quilt and then whatever the fates have in store for me.

Toodles,
Linda




No comments:

Post a Comment