Saturday 30 September 2017

Decorating, Entertaining, and Little Lady Pees-a-Lot.

I just want to say before I start my little blog post that I have been looking over what brings people to my blog. Some time ago I did a post titled "Sweating Like Rented Mules". This post brings a number of people to my blog. I don't know if its amusing or unnerving at the number of people who are interested in sweaty mules................makes me go hmmmm.

Enough about that. I think that Lucy and I have found a solution to her peeing willy nilly outside the litter box. She is a senior lady and had trouble with her aim. Not to mention that she will pee on things that are left on the floor. Towels, blankets, empty baskets, etc. Its a long story and because I left a rather flat basket on the floor of my bedroom she thought it was her own personal toilet and I did not notice it. I am not going into all the details but I did not discover this until some time had passed. ( in case you were wondering, it also took place before the redecoration of said bedroom). I dowsed the floor with a urine odor killer before the new flooring went down and its done a good job as far as I can tell. However Little Lady Pees-a-Lot now felt her washroom was in my bedroom. I installed a covered litter box. Madam is still missing the box on occasion. We have a habit of pushing our butt up against the wall of the little box to pee. She will be in the box but still pee out the door. Sigh. Its a good thing she is cute

So I came up with this


A boot tray from Walmart which is long and narrow so the box fits in nicely with space at the front, along with a lip around the edge. I tried news paper and then paper towel, then I had a flash of inspiration and started to use puppy pads to catch the liquid and make clean up easy. This has done wonders for the problem. Thank goodness.

Ok so on to more fun things. Cat pee has limited appeal for a topic of discussion. I have been back to work, making my way through month end once again . I still have my leg issues but I am working on the weight thing so baby steps. 

I had said I would host book club this month. I had to get the house smelling nicer than it did before I had the group over. I am not sure what happened but I got inspired and got out the Autumn decorations for the first time in a very long time. I don't know what got into me but I finally felt like sprucing the place up and doing some seasonal decorating.

I love knick knacks, decorations and do-dads, incase there is someone in the known world that had not figured that out yet. Needless to say I have a few pumpkins about the house.


I love my entry way, its a great place to add some seasonal decor. 


I knitted these pumpkins years ago. They were fun to do and I think they turned out ok for me not having a pattern.


Fall is also my favourite season. I have a passion for pumpkins. I may need a 12 step program.


I forgot I had this one. Its wooden slats held together with wire. No idea where I got it but I am glad I have it.


Got this idea from pinterest. I like the way it looks, little hits of autumn in amongst the milk glass.


See I have a pumpkin problem, and I don't care!! I have cut off the corner of the buffet because I had nothing to place on that corner. I have something there now and it will do but it needs something added to it. right colour but too plain.



Its a vintage overgrown brandy snifter ( have no idea what it should be called) and its amber but it needs something added to it. I will have to think on that.

Here is the rest of the decor. No explanation necessary.





And the centerpiece of the table just waiting for all the book club snacks to surround it.


There is a wreath on the veranda, a scarecrow in the front yard and a nice Autumn sign hung on the veranda as well. Only thing I did not do was the real pumpkins stuffed with flowers on the step. Its been so long since I did this sort of thing, I am so tickled. Could this be the beginning of me getting back to the old me? I hope so.

Book club was a hit. Some meetings are better than others and I always judge the success by how long people stay. It was close to 10 when the last of them shuffled out. I call that a success. 

I have the second quilt top just about finished. I have the sashing yet to figure out and I will get at that soon enough. The last of the puppets are done and ready to be boxed up for the craft sale. I got stuffing today and spent the afternoon finishing them off.  That is worth doing the drunken monkey dance of joy, 


I had a great day today. I ran some errands this morning. Part of the plan was to stop in at the Banker's for coffee because her Sweet Baboo is away and she was home this morning, rare for her. She texted me early and invited me for breakfast. Well she had me at bacon. I scooted through my errands, had a lovely breakfast with her and then got my stuffing. Leaving her place I spied a friend at a bus stop. I offered her a ride home. She live near me and my city is not so huge that giving a friend a ride then back tracking to the craft store is no big deal. She said she was headed to Walmart, which happens to be in the same area as the craft store. We had a nice catch up chat on the way to the stores. I left her in the craft store and I spent the rest of the day assembling porcupines. DONE two weeks before the sale!! I am giddy.

Next on the plan is a silent auction item and the donation quilt for our local Safe and Warm Shelter. I have also been asked by Mommy Bug to made a mermaid blanket for Ladybug. That is going to be fun. I am looking foreward to focusing my attention on other things without the puppets hanging over my head.

I am a happy happy bunny today!!

Toodles
Linda




No comments:

Post a Comment