Monday 18 September 2017

Back to Reality

I could not blog yesterday, I was deep into feeling sorry for myself, cause I am so mature and all that. My staycation is over and its back to work, back to reality. Don't get me wrong I am grateful for my job but if I could afford it I would be at home. No question, no hesitation, I would be home.

I have 7 puppets to finish up and I am ready for the craft sale. I would be done but I ran out of stuffing and I realized I am short 4 porcupine backs which mean I need to get yarn. So I am one trip to the craft sale away from completion.

I spent most of Sunday working on the second donation quilt top.Its chugging along nicely. I put on Netflix and sew to my hearts content. I would have stayed there all day but KitKat texted and I got distracted.


I took coffee and cookies up to KitKat. She finally bought her fish tank and was working on her yard. We decided that a coffee break was in order but neither of us wanted to get presentable so I did the drive through thing and we had a nice couple of hours, chatting and drinking coffee. It took my mind off of today.

Its so crazy but I still have a hard time sleeping on Sunday night. Its that going to school the next day feeling. Work today was not bad, all in all. I managed to get through a zillion emails, and voice mails. Tomorrow I will be back in the swing of it all. The first day back after being away is hard because you are so out of the loop. Takes a day to get back into it all. I was so tired when I got home, I was on the couch with Desi stretched out on my side in no time flat. I watched Y & R with my eyes closed.

I am so proud of myself, I have made my lunch the night before for the second day in a row!! This is major for me. I am so bad, I am always running around in the morning, trying to figure out what to have for lunch and it makes me frustrated. I am also very prone to putting things off. The fact that making lunch the night before is so simple and so practical and so easy. Me being me,  when dealing with  so many easy things, I make them into a mountain. So while many of you would roll your eyes and say what is the big deal,  for at least the last two nights, lunch has been made. Its in the fridge and ready to go tomorrow morning. This is big for me. This morning was so smooth and I was not frantic, not even once.At my age you would think I would learn.

I keep trying.

Toodles,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment