Wednesday 11 October 2017

Antibiotics Round ...........I can't keep track

I am not sure who's cornflakes I spit in but it must have been someone with some clout because things are not going at all the way I want them too recently.  I am doing my level best to demolish my good leg. So let me catch you up to speed because I am indulging in feeling a tad sorry for myself and when one is feeling whinny and miserable they like nothing more than sharing their misery.

Number one: we still have the pinched nerve situation in the good leg. I have been taking my pain pills like a good girl and it appears that the druggist was correct. They take a month to kick in and I think now I am finally feeling them doing something. Even though I am totally aware that with nerve pain you are never pain free but manageable will be warmly received. This started back in May so manageable would be wonderful

Number two: I took a header in the coffee room at the office. Caught my foot on a credenza and went down like a ton of bricks, all my considerable weight on my good knee. I ended up with the Mother of all bruises.

The knee

The right side
looks much the same on the left

The back of my chubby leg

Impressive No???


My knee cap is so tender and so swollen but the leg still works. I tend to smash my knee cap into solid objects regularly just so I can remind myself of the pain. Its soooo much fun

Number three: I am having another visit from my old friend cellulitis. Not in the left leg where it first took hold but in the right. Thankfully I am not as foolish as I was the first time round, I got myself to the doctor and got a round of antibiotics. I think this is the third course I have had this year. I am off work for this week and am keeping my leg up and iced. Taking my pills and doing as I am told. I want it to go away!!!

I am so tired of one thing after another, They aren't big things, many many people are far worse off than I but right now I am not a happy bunny. Walking is  such a big part of one;s day and when every step hurts it can wear on you.

I am determined to be better for the weekend. Its the big craft sale and I cannot miss out on that money. That;s not even up for negotiation. My wonderful, wonderful, so good I don't deserve them friends have already volunteered to man the booth if I can't but that is too much to ask. When you only get two days off a week you should not have to give them up to sell stuff for someone else. Not to mention I enjoy doing the sale. I like to see the people and all the wonderful things other people have made. I am just going to have to be better by then. My antibiotics take two to three days to work. I really wish they could make more pills that acted instantly.

Enough of the misery. I had a good Thanksgiving weekend. I did not cook my turkey in the end, it just seemed like too much work but I spent two days quilting which makes me happier than I can say. I have to get some more material because I did not get enough for the backing. I talked myself out of it and now I have to go back. hmmph. That will teach me, better too much than too little.

On Sunday the day started out just the best way, I got to facetime with The Pilot, The Teacher, the Wee Girl, Busy and the Carpenter. So nice to see them all even if the connection was not that great. Next best thing to being there. On Monday The Banker invited Teddy Bear, KitKat and I up to binge watch the current season of Game of Thrones. We had the best day. Good food, The Banker had gifts for us and we just had a really good time.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Toodles,
Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment