Monday 1 August 2016

And so it Begins

I planned to mow the lawn today, after two days of heat and humidity, and it rained today. I think this is my new superpower. Plan to mow, make it rain. You are welcome.

I did do some yard work this weekend. You can tell there are flower beds in the front yard once again, not just various samples of different weeds growing prolifically. The Banker actually popped over unexpectedly and got me started. I have the best friends, incase I have never mentioned that before. I don't do the great job that she does but its better than nothing.

I started the craft room purge with the book case. I plan to work my way around the room but the jumping off point is the craft books. So here is the book case before:




Pretend this is all one picture. I could not get the entire thing in one frame. The sun was shinning so I could not get a really great picture but I never do seem to be able to, so I just forge on. I picked and chose and dithered and  thinned and before you knew it, the book case looks like this



See, if you look hard at the crappy pictures you will see empty spaces. Empty spaces that did not stay empty for long BUT the positive side is that the books that did not fit on the shelf, that had migrated onto other spots in the room, now live in the case. The empty spots left from those book have now been filled with baskets for storage. God forbid there should be empty spaces!!

On my dining table is this, destined for the Rotary Club Book sale:


I cannot believe that I am willing to part with all these but there comes a time when you know you cannot keep everything. I try but even I cannot do it.

I also did some mosaic tiling yesterday, which I am hoping to grout today. I think I may need one more star for the shed but I will hang what I have and see. The shed stars have been in production for three years now I think, Its time to get them up already.


What I am doing with the rectangles you ask?  Well I will show you,

My poor barbecue has sat out uncovered for a couple of winters because I have been too cheap to buy a cover. The elements have played fast and loose with the wood bits. So as always, call it poverty or necessity but both are the mother of invention in this house. I had the wood on hand for the bases as well as the tiles and I also have grout and paint to finish them.  No cost to me at the moment which is what I like and my barbecue goes from this:


To this:


Now I need to root around in the shed to find something to replace the poor handle. I like this look, I think it's great. I also love  to mosaic tile things. This year I will get a cover for this poor thing. Something to save my Canadian Tire money for!!

Toodles,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment