Monday 22 August 2016

Busy Weekend

I had a busy weekend and it was nice. I actually got out of the house and out of the City!! GO ME!! My weeks are pretty samey. Friday Night No Cook, a movie out with friends, supper out once a week with KitKat and anyone else that wants to come along. The rest of my time is spent at home. I am not complaining, I am very very happy with how my life is. Samey is no always a bad thing.

This weekend KitKat and I decided to head a town about an hour away from us. We went in search of second hand stores and garage sales. I am happy to report that we found both and I am even happier to report that SHE bought more than I did. I was not looking for much. I did buy a basket. (I am such a sucker for baskets. Its something that needs a twelve step program, I swear.) I did find a picture frame to replace the one I sent saling down the stairwell. I will need to paint it but that is nothing. I got some more dishes for the cats and a lovely enamel dipper. I have not taken pictures but I will and post it all later. We dined out and then stopped at a antique store on our way home.

This was one of those places that is so crammed with treasures, me and my ample butt did not venture in. KitKat had a good snoop but even she was squeezed and she is a bit of a thing. Nothing was purchased as the word ANTIQUE means PRICEY. Out of my range although just a peek in the door had me spying a couple of dozen things I would love. I just cannot justify spending $165.00 for a cookie jar when the house needs shingles. Even I have my limits

We got home and she convinced me I should go for groceries right away as I would not do it if I went home. She was right. We went for groceries as she needed some things, then I took her and her treasures home. She got a lovely old wash tub for her yard, a nice candle thing for the top of her fireplace and fireplace tools. She also bought dishes and some other dodads. One always needs dodads. She managed to snag some lawn edging that had I seen it first, would have been mine. It was a huge roll for a dollar!!

Sunday, two work buddies and I headed to the big city to the outdoor stage there and saw a production of Shrek, the Musical.


We got there early, more to get a good parking spot rather than worrying about our seats. Trust me this place was full by the time the show started. It has big open sides but the roof keeps you save from any rain, just in case.The building is round and there is not a bad seat in the place.



We all enjoyed the play to no end. So many talented people. Another of our work friend's son performs in this theater and its nice to see how he has grown as a performer over time. He was great as always in this production. Of course we did a selfie, just like the cool kids.



Afterwards we stopped for supper at a little Greek restaurant that had the most fabulous food. All home made and generous portions. We were very safe from vampires that night. Lots of garlic but oh so good. I got back into my house at about 9:00. It was a fun fun fun weekend. It was nice to get out of the city and do something different with fun people.

This week the movie will be Ben Hur. Last week it was Florence Foster Jenkins, which I enjoyed. I am hoping I will be able to say the same about Ben Hur. I did get to Jason Bourne which was fine but I have not seen the others and now I think I should. Maybe The Carpenter will loan me his DVDs.

Miss Mouse and the Farmer lost a field to fire just recently. No one was hurt and no machinery was lost so that is a blessing. Busy and the Carpenter are out there right now, helping with all the work that needs to be done. The Pilot is out there helping with the harvest as well, while the Teacher and the Wee Girl are in New Brunswick, The Wee Girl is meeting the other side of her family and dipping her toes in the waters across from the Bay of Fundy. Those are some seriously cute toes.


So the next work week starts and things are back to normal. I need to get busy and get working on some quilts.  I have several donation quilts I want to make and I need to get making. While I was cleaning out my craft room I was seriously happy to find this :


|I brought wool back from Ireland with the intent of making myself a lovely tea cozy from a pattern in this book. Three years later I have finally found the dang book, now I can knit the cozy!!. It pays to purge once in a while. |I have had this pattern book for probably 40 years.

So there you go, a little of this and a little of that all mashed together. Its how my head works, what can I say.

Toodles

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment