Sunday 14 August 2016

Mosaic Madness and Other Crafty Stuff

My days off are drawing to an end and while they did not go as planned, I did manage to get some things done that have been on the "to do"list for some time. I would like to have seen more off that never ending list  but it is what it is and I will be grateful for the results.

I took care of some business that is easier done during the work week, The mortgage got renewed and the property taxes got paid. I even submitted my passport for renewal. (still hoping to get to Scotland at some point). When I was at CAA getting my passport photos taken I spied the cutest little carry on bag, on sale, half price, so I bit the bullet and bought it. Lucy peed all over my last one and after only getting to use it twice it had to go. Au de Cat Pee is not a pleasant travel fragrance.


This one is hard sided, light weight, got those four lovely spinning wheels and is the proper size for carry on. You will be able to see me and my bright pink bag coming a mile off but that is ok. I am tickled with it. Looks like a Barbie bag but I don't care.

I did a few crafty things while I was home. I finished the barbecue redo. I had started it a while ago and just needed to grout the pot pads and paint the handle. This is what it looked like before:


Much weathered but still very serviceable. Now it looks like this:


All grouted and painted and ready to cook. The pot pads are removable so I can store them inside in the winter if I need too.

I finally finished KitKat's dresser runners for her newly decorated bedroom. I delivered them to her on Saturday afternoon and she was very pleased with them.



I do have to say they did look very nice in their new home.


Their installation was closely monitored buy her three curious cats. The runners then ultimately passed the sit and sniff test. As my two cats had been all over them first there was lots to sniff I imagine. ( I did not give them to her all covered in my cat'a hair, they had been washed before delivery.)


The last of the projects to be completed were the mosaic stars. I started this YEARS ago but just now finished it and actually got them installed. Once I decided where I wanted them, the biggest problem was how to hang them. That was accomplished by a root through the junk drawer. for bracket and screws and some wire clothes hangers donated to the cause by Teddy Bear.

Today the garden shed went from looking like this:


OMG I have got some serious weeding to complete in this poor flower bed. A lot of shoveling in my future. That is a post for another day. Back to the stars!! Now the shed looks like this:


I need to find another place for my lovely metal globe but I am so happy to get these stars finished and hung up at last. I think I need to make two more but time will tell.  Once again my stellar photo skillz have produced rather poor pictures but you get the idea. 

I have one more tiny mosaic project in the works but its not ready to be seen in public yet. Poor this is still pretty naked. I will reveal it in good time. Now I need to get on with some quilts.

Other than all this its been rather quiet and ordinary around here. Friday Night Supper with the No Cook Friday Group, Saturday night movie with friends, my usual weekend activities.  I only part if the week off and was not feeling 100 % for part of it. I did some second hand store shopping and that was about all. I did get all those craft books delivered to the Rotory Club so they can sell them in their big book sale next month.


So happy not to have them on the dining room table any more. 

I even worked on wine bottle label removal and have almost got them all done. I need to get on with that project too. I have decided I need minions. I have all these ideas and project and if I had minions I could boss from sun up to sun down. Things would get done and it would not have to rely on my mercurial energy levels. Oh its nice to dream.

Well I am off for a nice cup of tea and a bit of knitting before I have to go to bed and convince myself that going back to work tomorrow is not the end of the world.

Toodles,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment