Sunday 28 August 2016

A little of this and a little of that

A quiet weekend at home this weekend. No dashing off here and there with friends. I stayed put and got some things done. I need to do more of this but every little bit that gets done really helps. So I got stuck in.

First off here is the last mosaic tile project. I got it grouted at last. It will be hung on the shed in the back. I need to actually paint the shed door first.This is yet another project that has been a really long time in the making.


The shed door has been primed but not actually painted for more than a year now. I had hoped to do it today but its too hot for this old bird to be outside. I have some vacation time coming up so I will get it done then. 

I also finally took a picture of the basket I bought last weekend:


I have not figured out what I will do with it yet but I will come up with a purpose for this pretty baby. I love it but then I have a weakness for baskets.

I finally took an HOUR and pealed sheets of cat hair off the other easy chair in the living room. It has been uncovered for a while and Desi has done his best to coat it within an inch of its life with his lovely hair. I picked up this nice blanket at a second hand store and its perfect to protect the chair from future fur infestations. It covers the back, sides and arms perfectly. I got a gray sheet as well for the same purpose. I would have liked another heavier blanket but the sheet will do.



Someone else seems to think its perfectly nap worthy as well. The blanket was on the chair for two minutes and the big man hopped up on the chair to get the next fur infestation started.



I bought this picture frame last weekend. Cheap as chips and just the right size to replace the broken one.


I had a collage of Irish doors and windows hanging in the stairwell and I managed to send it saling down the stairs one day when I was throwing the laundry down. I smashed the frame to bits. So I purchased this one and now the collage is back where it belongs.


A little touch of black paint and I was back in business.  Some of those pictures I took, some the Banker took and some were taken by other people (I got them off postcards or the internet.)

I also finally took a picture of the Blarney night quilt for this year. Its been photographed, cleaned and bagged ready to go to the person who won it in the auction, at last.




Now I have started the one for the Safe and Warm Shelter fund raising.. I should be cleaning my bedroom but I am going to fore go that and sew the quilt top instead. Its much more fun anyway.


Laundry is done, the dishes are done. The front entry is scrubbed and sporting a new mat at the front door.  KitKat and I went out for supper last night. She stopped in for some iced tea and a chat and next thing you know, we decided on supper out. She was painting door frames at her house so she did not feel like cooking. Neither did I. So I have accomplished a few things, I should have gotten more done but I am grateful for what did get accomplished. I will save the yard work for when I am on vacation in September..

This week my legs have been so sore. Worse than normal and its not making me happy. I am hoping its just a phase and it will pass. I am blaming them for me not getting stuff done like I would like to . So many jobs require standing. I will continue on. little by little and things will get done. So I am going to try once again  to get off the processed stuff and eat better. I am convinced that is connected to the pain in my muscles.



Toodles,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment