Saturday 6 August 2016

Ordinary Miracles

Well it has been all go around here, I can tell you. That is, all go, at my speed, but at least things are happening. My super power is still intact. I did not plan to mow the lawn and its not raining, its a lovely sunny day: So I zipped to the bank, went and picked up breakfast then dashed home and did this


Drunken monkey dance of joy, the lawn is mowed!! (honestly you would think it was a football field the way I go on about it, its not/ its a postage stamp!!)

Then since it is a lovely day today, not to hot, lovely cool breeze I got the shovel, rake and bucket out and turned this:




This into this:




It still looks like toothless goats have munched it down but its a vast improvement on what it was. That ground cover just took over and choked out almost all my perennials except a couple of lily plants. I think if you click on the pictures you can see a bigger version (if you are interested). By my figuring I have two more sessions on the flower bed and it will be finished. Then I have the section between the shed and the fence. The yard is coming along. Next year I am going to be able to plant the pretty things and hopefully the yard will, at last, look how it does in my imagination.

I am slow at doing this, but I am enjoying it. I get frustrated because I can't do as much as I would like to in one session but its good for me to puddle away at it. Its good for me and I am happy to be able to say I am doing it. I am also telling myself that its ok to go slow, there are no yard work police to arrest me for not getting it done instantly.

The other goal this weekend is to grout the tile work I did last weekend, paint a couple of things and finish the runners I am making for KitKat. First though I get to have a nap, Yard work makes me want to sleep!!

Toodles,

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment