Sunday 24 July 2016

Starting to Organize


This is is, this is the start of getting my craft room, purged and organized. Lot of pressure on a little two drawer filing cabinet. but its the start. I got it from KitKat for $10.00. Her work was getting rid so she got it for me. I will one day paint it to make it pretty but for now, its in place and ready to fulfill its purpose.

I used to have two plastic tote boxes for files. Great idea but not easy access. No easy access, the filing piles up and is never properly done. I am sick of it. The one box is cracked and broken, so they do not hold up to the use they get in this house. This metal cabinet offers sturdiness and ease of access. A very good place to start.

Even better is that I got it Friday and today it is in place, AND my files are in it. Usually something like this waits for weeks before I get the urge to actually do it. So if the cabinet was still sitting in the entry way this time next week, it would not have been weird. This is weird.  I even purged the craft magazines I kept in the second drawer and am donating half of them to a charity shop. So miracle of miracles, its in place, files are in place and the plastic tote boxes are empty. One is headed for the trash and the other will be filled with storage stuff.

I even purged out a grocery bag of recipes. I am a fool for saving recipes. For someone who does not really cook this is crazy. So I purged, (or at least I started the recipe purge). Google can find me a million recipes, so I don't need to print them unless I have tried them and decided I really like them. Then I have a binder I can put them in.

Ok I have wandered away from the craft room project. Now I have the file cabinet, I am going to start going through this room, section by section. I have lots of boxes in this room and when I want something I do not know which box its in, or I have no idea I even have it. The plan is numbering the boxes, making an inventory of what is in each box and keeping it all in a little book. While I do the inventory, I am going to purge the stuff I will not ever use. The purged things will go to a charity shop or they will be trashed. The craft books will go to the Rotary Club. I am looking foreward to getting this done.

The room will still be full, but at least I will know where things are. That is the plan anyway. The first hit is going to be the craft books. I have an entire bookcase full, some of which I do not need anymore. Time to thin the herd.

Toodles,
Linda



No comments:

Post a Comment