Monday 5 September 2016

Staycation

My two weeks off has started off nicely. I have been thwarted on my plans to sleep in, thanks to Mother Nature and two hungry cats.


"Oh now that you are awake Mama, You can get up and feed me."

This little black face, two inches away from mine has been the standard visual I have for the last couple of mornings. I get beat into getting up, then the two furry terrors go back bed and sleep the day away. Cats!!



The No Cook group went for dessert here on Friday? The Batchery, Homemade ice cream,  gelato and sorbetto. So delicious. I will try and get back again.


I decided that on Saturday I would do only what I pleased. First day of my two weeks off, I would have no "To Do: list, nothing but what I wanted to do. I did this:


After three years I got my Irish wool tea cozy made. I bought the yarn in Gallway with this pattern in mind. The pattern was lost in the quagmire that is my craft room and was only recently found. Its a brighter and prettier green in real life. It looks rather muddy here but its not, its a very Irish green. 


I brought three balls of this lovely stuff back with me and I still have one left to do something with. I am not sure what but I am beyond tickled to have my cozy made. Its so deliciously squishy and soft. 

Yesterday, The Banker, Teddy Bear, and I headed to a antique and collectibles sale. Kit Kat and her Dad met us there. We had a lovely day but once again I was reminded that I really have to get doing something to increase my stamina. Walking about is so hard and I want to be able to go and do and see. In spite of my limited mobility I did get around and I did manage to bring some things home. Not as much as I would have liked but I got some.


Three pieces of candlewick glass: a divided dish, a small bowl and a saucer. A cookie tin was thrown in for good measure


Teddy Bear bought this. It will live at my house and if she wants to wear it, She will borrow it. I have the best friends, I cannot say it enough.



This little serving tray was half price and just begged for someone to take it home and make it pretty. I fully intend to do just that. It has that horrible fake wood panel board  in it. I have never ever liked that stuff. I will be more that happy to hide it with wall paper or scrap booking paper. Something bright and pretty. There was the cutest little wash stand there for a really reasonable price that I would have snapped up in a heartbeat but I just had no place to put it. I could have gotten rid of something and used it instead but how smart is that? So someone else is enjoying it . Lots if other things I would have purchased but money and space are lacking so I was content just to look.

Today I am spending the day doing a few things that need to be done but mostly working on the next quilt on the list. I got half of the top sewn last time I tackled it so maybe I can do the other half today.
I also finally got some shelves put in the egg cup cupboard. I had painted them some time ago but now the paint has cured I could put them away.

Here it the before:


Kind of hard to see them all like this. So here is the after:


Not much room left to expand the collection. I only saw two egg cups yesterday at the sale but I already had them. I have a few duplicates and I don't want to have too many. 

So I am off to sew on the quilt and do the dishes.

Toodles,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment