Saturday 30 April 2016

Best Laid Plans

I always make a "To Do:" list for the weekend in the vain hope that I will get much accomplished and I will be able to stroke the majority of the things off the list.  An optimistic venture. Sometimes it works and sometimes it don't. Sometimes, other more fun things come up. and I do them instead. So far this weekend is shaping up that way. Other fun things that is.

First of all some kitty cuteness. Lucy has turned squatter and is busy teaching me more lessons about baskets. If I want to keep them for myself, I need to put them up. Somebody has taken over my Halloween treat basket. Apparently it/s just the right size for her dainty self to curl up in and sleep. So I think I need to get something else for the treats and leave this basket for Lucy. She looks darn purrrrfect in it.


Up date on the crafty stuff. I got commissioned to make a couple of these. I have not made them for a number of years but I was asked to make two of them as presents. Carrot stockings!!


An alternative to an Easter Basket for Easter treats. My oldest niece found a picture in a book long ago and I made some for her boys.Quick, simple, easy and best of all I had the felt on hand so no need to run to the store. I just have to add the girls names onto them and they will be done. I am one and a half puppets away from completing the one puppet order and I have another waiting in the wings,

I FINALLY sent the Wee Girl her bumper pads!! Apparently she was pleased with the product. Although that big happy smile is on her face most of the time so how pleased she truly is is suspect.


Currently she is out on her Uncle and Aunty's farm, chasing around in the tractor doing farm stuff with Daddy. Farming is hard work and makes a girl fall asleep at the wheel.


Sound asleep on Mommy's lap in a noisy old tractor, slumped foreward with not a care in the world. How relaxed does one have to be to do that??

I got to have coffee with The Hostess and Teddy Bear to day. I have not seen The Hostess for a rather long time so it was nice to catch up with her and her news. Much more fun to be out for coffee and chit chat than staying home and doing housework. I did manage to get groceries today and hit the dollar store and the craft store. That is the sum total of my accomplishments today. Not a lot stroked off the list. Poof!!!! I don't care, fun times with friends wins out over chores every time. The chores will wait and spending time with good friends is never ever a waste of time. Plus I got two hugs today from two people I know that simply give the very best hugs in the world. Icing on the cake of my day!!

Toodles.
Linda



No comments:

Post a Comment