Saturday 9 April 2016

A Little of This and A Little of That and Nothing Much at All

I have no pictures to share and nothing of real worth to post (not that I ever much do) so here we go with some random deep (?) thoughts and odd observations and tid bits of detritus from my daily life yes its just me rambling.

* I am watching Celtic Thunder and my word there is just something about a man in a kilt.

* I did not feel all that great today so I did little to nothing, some knitting and started a puppet order.

* I left a lovely rectangular basket on the floor in my bedroom, perfect for displaying my dishcloths for sale. Lucy decided it was a litter box and has peed all over it. Its in the garbage, much to my broken heart. I really need to get my bedroom renoed or just tidied up and learn to put things away. Its a good thing she is cute.

* I can day dream all I want, I am going to be alone. I have wonderful friends and family but that is not what I mean and you know it

* I prefer my house tidy and yet I cannot seem to maintain it that way.

* The older I get the more I understand the woman I called Mom.

* I have always know this, I am not an idiot. I finally admitted out loud to myself that the thing that I turn to the most for comfort is going to be the thing that will kill me off in the end. I am not winning the war on stopping that from happening. The occasional battle but not the war.

* Someone in my neighbourhood has decided my dumpster is theirs to fill as they please. Hopefully this will not continue past yard cleaning season or I may have to bolt and lock the thing. While they feel free to fill it they do not bother to put it out to have it emptied on garbage day. Bastards

* I wonder how much money would be enough.

* I have some ideas up my sleeve in regard to light fixtures in my dining room, sewing room and upstairs bathroom. Cheap budget friendly ideas.

* If I could quilt full time I would.

|* I am a collector, I cannot help it, I collect. I have, however. found that pinning things on Pinterest does feed my habit without adding to the clutter of the house. No cost, no clutter and I can look at the pretty things whenever I want. When I find a new pretty I can keep it. So far I have a fuller milk glass collection and cookie jar collection.

* I finally got the little bookcase and cabinet painted. I have moved the egg cup collection and realize that not I need to have something to add different levels on the shelves. Its always something!!

* I had my bookclub here the other night. I like having people over. In my head I am a great entertainer but in reality, not so much.

* I am getting better at rethinking my "go buy something" reaction when I get a project in mind. I stop, give it a think and sometimes I can shop the house and find something that will work that I already own.

* I have figured out a way to display all my family photos on top of the book cases without them tipping over and having "shopped the house| it will not cost a penny.

* I am out of stuff. I am going to bed and hopefully am more articulate in future.

Toodles.
Linda



No comments:

Post a Comment