Saturday 20 February 2016

Weekend Roundup

No pictures in this post, I am too lazy to organize them, but I promise some in the next post.

Half the vacation over with and as always, its going far to fast. I have accomplished some things, not accomplished others and have enjoyed each minute. All systems are normal. I have done the initial purge and clean up of the craft room. The work surfaces are visible once again and you can walk in without fearing tripping. I do have the actual sewing table to clean off yet but it really is so much better. I cleared out two garbage bags of material that I shared with a fellow quilter. I also cleared out two garbage bags of recycling and one garbage bag of actual garbage. It was like a treasure hunt, I found things that either made me say "oh there it is" or "what was I thinking". I now hope to start a second purge. Which means going through the containers and purging out some of that stuff. But that will happen at a later date.

In the vein of "purge and use it up" I have been crocheting granny squares to use up my odds and ends of yarn scraps. Too much to throw out but not enough to actually make a project on their own, they have been piling up. To make use of them,  I am making granny squares and donating them to Blankets for Canada. I took 150 squares to them last week. I have still lots of stash to work through but I am so glad it will be used and not wasted. The yarn that is. Not to mention it makes more room in my house. The other great thing is that I have actually got those things to the people and they are not sitting in my house waiting for the mood to hit me. They are gone and I am doing a happy dance. Next week two boxes are headed toward my favourite second hand shop. I am getting better and not keeping things just for the sake of having them. Its a slow process but Rome was not built in a day.

I cleaned the laundry room!!!  A trip to the basement was warranted so I thought I might just as well move everything out, wash the floor, wash the mat under the litter box and just have a general tidy up. I rootled through the boxes and baskets and pitched out the unnecessary. I pulled out the deep freeze and rescued a number of things that had slid down the back. It was not in the plan for this holiday break but I am darn glad its done.

Next week I have a couple of things to paint and a quilt to start quilting on. I am having lunch with The Banker before she heads off to Mexico with her Sweet Baboo. We had such fun at her place last Monday, scrapbooking. Teddy Bear joined us, she is more trying to get her photo's in albums than true scrapbooking but she is dipping her toe in. The Sailor came too, but she is a scrapper of some years, she just never has joined us. Us being The Banker, KitKat and myself.

I am finally finished my Maritime albums and my No Cook Album. The Sailor got me hooked up with a free office program on the computer and now I can do titles and printing at home again. Oh how I have missed being able to do that. From now on I may just do albums of each year. I will do big trips separate but I may just do a yearly album. It makes more sense that way.


I have two new puppet orders, one for a dragon and the other for 9 puppets for a school. So I have lots to keep me busy. I am loving being at home, but then I always did.

Toodles,
Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment