Monday 22 February 2016

Dripping Water on a Stone

This is how I feel about my attempts at getting things done around this house. I carry on though, I keep puttering and eventually things do get done. Slow, steady and progress can  be seen.

I finally finally FINALLY got the shelf painted, modified and hung in the kitchen. This shelf has been forever in the making, its been lost, found, unwanted, wanted and now finally is hung in its new home over the stove.


It gives a home to the Twinings Tea cans, provides a light over the stove and that makes me happy. It was plain wood when I found it at a local second hand store. Now there will be light in the dark dark kitchen in the evenings. I added a small light and the slat of wood across the front to hide the light plus I put a small quarter round piece at the top to keep the tins from leaping off the shelf. Phew, so glad that is done.

The granny square pile is growing again.


Desi is clearly impressed with my efforts.


I have a few more to make then I can clean out the last tote box of yarn in the hope I will find more odds and ends to make squares with. Last year I went mad making knitted dishcloths, this year its granny squares. I will go back to the dishcloths because I can sell those suckers.

I am in my happy place today, I finally started to quilt. This one turned out rather nicely and I cannot wait until the quilting is finished and I can see the completed project.


Had an email yesterday wondering if I would donate a quilt to the church at home again this year. I think I will, I think I will do this pattern again  but in nice bright colours with a cream background. I think it will look very pretty. 

I tried a new cleaner today. I found the recipe on pinterest. A litre of vinegar with orange peels stuffed into it. Let that sit for two weeks then when you go to use it, I did one cup cleaner and one cup water in a spray bottle. I loved the way it cleaned up the grease, nice fresh smell and little to no cost. Plus it cleans without harsh ugly chemicals. I will definitely add this to my homemade cleaners list for future.

Toodles,
Linda




No comments:

Post a Comment