Sunday 14 February 2016

One Step foreward and then Several Backwards

IT s been an up and down sort of time around here. The saddest thing is my phone died. Died a quick and painful death that took with it a number of pictures, videos and contacts. I had three choices, replace the phone in three months, find an old phone for three months (when my contract runs out ) or just replace the phone. I choose poverty with texting privileges. I am still mourning the loss of the pictures and videos but I will get over that. I am currently gathering back the contacts I have lost. Its a pain in the arse, let me tell you and I shall be more vigilant in future about backing things up.

This little hit to my finances coming hard on the heels of the car repairs makes sure that my bank account is whimpering under the bed in pain. The lottery gods could fix this for me in a heart beat but they are fickle things and so far have ignored my efforts to appease them......... The bastards.

On the upside I am on two weeks vacation which is wonderful. I had made no plans to go anywhere, I am just wanting to do some things about the house. I do like to be at home, something I may have mentioned a time or two.  I started a new quilt top this last week and finished it this day. I rather like it and cannot wait until its quilted and finished. That process shall have to wait until next week after pay day.


I found the idea on Pinterest and I love the modern, clean look of it. I will now start on another one, like I do. |One of these days I may even get to make the new one for my bedroom.

Had my three month visit to the Doctor this week. Once again he is happy with my numbers and blood work. I gained a little weight but it was over Christmas and I am thinking I can get this corrected before the next visit. I am always glad when these visits go well.

I am going scrapbooking tomorrow, which will be fun. The Banker, KitKat, The Sailor, Teddy Bear and I are spending the day at The Banker's place. I am almost packed up and ready to go. I have a lovely pie to take for dessert. The Banker likes to feed us but I like to contribute something to the pot.

Teddy Bear and I went to a movie last night. I have mostly been at home this weekend, staying warm and puttering about the house. Next week I plan to start to clean the craft room. A monumental job in any form.

Today I worked on the laundry, finished the quilt and actually baked a johnny cake. I was thinking about taking a stab at making scones but it never happened. Maybe later in the week. I go want to learn to make them. I tend to over mix the dough and then they get tough and hard as hockey pucks. I am determined to master the art. I love scones. One with a cup of tea makes me very happy.

Toodles,
Linda






No comments:

Post a Comment