Monday 7 September 2015

What's happenin"

I am on days off, yes I am, shut up I worked for two months I deserve a break......... I do to. I usually take time off in September and saw no reason to change my habits now. I actually can use a break. Just between you and me I am not quite back on my feet yet. I still tire so easily but its getting better. That and I like to be at home, not at work, but you knew that.

So Friday started my fortnight of vacation time. So far its been a wonderful few days. The Banker surprised us at No Cook. She was back from her month away with her Sweet Baboo. It was nice to have her back with the group. We had a fun night catching up on all the news. She scored me this old lard pail.I totally loved it and gave it a home on my new entry way chest of drawers. (The purple runner is only there until I weave something that actually matches.) It belonged to her daughter-in-law and she was getting rid of it. I love it, it ticks a lot of boxes for me.the colour, age, its a tin, it has a shamrock. tick tick tick......... LOVE IT.



Saturday I had planned to do nothing. First day of vacay and I like to just have no plans. I ran some errands in the morning and was crocheting on puppets when KitKat called and enticed me out of the house by waving second hand store shopping under my nose. With a twist of my rubber arm and was out the door. I managed to find a couple of things. We looked at flooring, she wants to do her kitchen and I want to do my bedroom. Then we hit a local greenhouse that I have never been to before. What a lovely place!! its definitely on my return to list for Christmas time and again next spring. I got a trowel owl. Its an owl face made from a trowel with gears for eyes etc . I love him,( I will post a picture later. Too lazy to do it now.) We finished off the day with picking up chicken and having supper at her place. Not a bad way to spend the day. I was home just after supper and managed to finish the puppet I started earlier in the day.

Sunday I hit the road and met up with a high school friend at a near by Flea Market. She messaged me awhile ago that she was going to be at their cottage this weekend and did I want to meet up. We have not seen each other for a long time (six years since the last time) so I was super thrilled she made the effort. We had a better than good day. I managed to walk around the market and only had to sit twice. We talked, found treasures, found out about each other and groaned over all things we did not have money for or the space to store them.

My egg cup collection grew by 5 new members:


The little chicken on the right side was already here, the other 5 just came home with me. I also bought two candlewick glass candle holders ( again too lazy to take pictures). I was so proud of me, I left two milk glass goblets there. I have three, I could have had two more but I did not get them. I will have to get them another time. They are easier to find than the figural egg cups and I was budgeting myself for once.

We went back to her cabin and I have to say I am seriously jealous. Lake front, four bedrooms, its lovely. I would love to have a cabin, I could go on for days about how much I want a cabin but I won't. Anyway, we had a cool drink, I got the royal tour, we talked some more and I headed home. It was a really nice way to spend a Sunday. I hope we don't leave it too long before the next visit. I have a set of oars that are perfect for her cabin.The people that owned this house left them and now I have an actual home for them I just have to get them to her. I will do my best to see that it does not take me years.

Today, Teddy Bear and I went out for breakfast, then I came home to clean the kitchen, do laundry and work on a quilt. Well I did most of that, some got ignored and some got done. I have the teddy bear and horse puppets finished now its time top start the ducks and the cows. I think I am going to reduce the number of ducks and add in some chickens.

Tomorrow is a road trip with The Banker. I am hoping to work in a visit to Mommybugs house during this vacation time. The Hostess is on the list for this coming weekend unless something changes. Long past time I should have been to visit them. All in all this vacation with no plans is working out rather well.

Toddles,

Linda






No comments:

Post a Comment