Saturday 29 August 2015

All the Horsing Around Here Today is Unbearable.

Puppet production is back in full swing. I have a puppet making schedule. I had fallen behind but now am almost back to where I had hoped to be. The craft sale is coming up fast and I want to have at least 10 of 12 different critters. I have made more of the more popular ones but at the very least 10.



This a basket fast filling up with horses and teddy bears. I need to buy some more wool for the bears as I am going for a colourful assortment this year. Little cinnamon coloured bears did not sell well last time. Just cows and ducks left to do. The cows will be uddered and some udderless.

Busy Busy Busy today but not is a rushed, exhausted, too much to do sort of way. Just a slow steady, getting stuff done kind of way. To start my day,  I rummaged around in the piggy banks  and scrounged up enough to treat myself to a McDonald's breakfast. Yes, yes I am well aware that this is not everyone's treat but I happen to like a fast food breakfast . My mind may have been changed today. After three fumbled attempts for two young people manning the order and delivery windows I still ended up with the wrong thing. Apparently an English muffin looks just like a bagel. Oh well, I ate it anyway and gave serious thought to giving up this little habit. Or at least giving up on that particular restaurant. They rarely get the order right. The usual trick is to leave something out of the bag. I generally don't  leave the window until I have checked my order. I did that this morning but I got caught up in a hash brown debacle and never thought of checking the bagel situation. My error.

It was nice today to do the housework. Not such a big job as I have done bits during the week,This left me time to work on the puppets. I should have been quilting on this:



I got the blocks sewn up last weekend and then cut and arranged into a Bento Box pattern. That was accomplished during the week. I should be quilting it but I am short a quilt batt so next weekend I will get at it. Time was not wasted, I did mountains of laundry and made puppets. I got three of the little critters done today. Three is a day is a good day.

I also harvested my entire tomato crop. I am not sure if I will can, freeze or try to eat it fresh. One would hate to waste the bounty.



I seriously am amazed I got this much. All the abuse I heaped on this poor plant before it even got planted.

Teddy Bear stopped over, bringing back my folding table from her daughter's yard sale. We went out for supper. She had had her grandchildren all day and needs some quiet adult time. She looked beat poor thing.She does an awful lot for her daughter and grandkids.

It will be more of the same around here tomorrow. Laundry ( quilts, towels and clothes makes for many loads) puppet making, maybe some sewing on the next quilt top. A little veranda sitting with some coffee is in my future. The veranda days are numbered so I need to take advantage while I can. Its hot, humid, hazy and smoky from the forest fires but still worth a sit. I think my veranda is my most favorite spot.at my house.

One more week and I have some time off. Not sure what I am going to do. I have been freed from the daily hospital trips but I don't have a lot of cash to splash so it may be little trips or I may just stay home and putter. I do love a good putter!!!

Toodles,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment