Sunday 13 September 2015

Its a Whole New Shed

If you tolerate me talking on and on about something I do eventually get around to it and it gets done. This is true of my wishing the shed to get painted. In truth its not a new shed but with a slap of new paint it looks like a whole new building.  It started out looking something like this. When I bought the house it was all the ugly brown colour until two years ago when I started to paint it. I got two sides done in a sort of cream colour. New doors were added when my leaf blower was liberated in the middle of the night and I wanted them painted before the snow and ice came.



I got two walls done and then for ages could not find anymore of the cream paint. I was spraying it and it took far more spray cans than I had intended. It sat in all its two toned glory for two years until this week. I finally got at it and made use of some of my days off to make it look like this.



A fresh coat of pale gray paint and it looks so much better than it did. I am not sure what I was thinking with the cream. It matched nothing, the house is white with green trim. The gray is more neutral and if I manage to afford to get the house painted the warm white and slate blue I would like it to be, the shed will be alright with that. The roof need a coat of paint as well but I have no idea how I will manage that. It needs a good power wash. Maybe in the spring I will sort something out. The new door only as a coat of primer on it but since the end result will be white paint you get the idea. I have the north wall to do as I thought two cans of paint would suffice but I fear I shall run short. 

Now I have an idea of how to hang the mosaic stars and moon on the shed, I need to get them finished as well. Not to mention the house number plaque. I need grout and silicone for this and like the usual way of it about this house, both on hold until pay day. I will reveal my star hanging method once I know it works.

Now I can turn my attention to my bedroom. Its project number 2 on my list. Another one that has languished incomplete for two years. It costs nothing to hunt for carpet tiles that will suit. I have started the search but have some more places to check out. The ones I really want are not available here and are $20.00 per tile. I do tend to pick the expensive things. I now need to find something that will work in place of.

Next week is a visit to Mommybug if it is still convenient for them. Then the last two days of the week are penciled in to help Teddy Bear lay a floor in her grandson's room. I will fill in the other days with looking for carpet. making the last of the puppets and quilts. I might even try to get the wall paper back up onto the wall of the bedroom since it fell off the first time.

I think I have found two colours of paint that will work for my room.  I shall consult the No Cook ladies before I make a final decision. I am looking foreward to having my blue bedroom back. It currently could not be more blah if it tried. The carpet needs to be removed, half has been done already. The night stands are going to be repainted and I think the chest of drawers will get painted as well. Its finish is badly battered from years of abuse. 

I need another 6 or 7 months off.

Toodles 
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment