Friday 3 July 2015

Busy Busy Busy

So as I am slowly getting better, my energy level and inclination to actually do things is slowly coming back. I am actually feeling like doing things, which is wonderful. I did not realize how bad I had gotten until now, when its coming back. It has also pointed out to me what an incredible drama queen I can be!! My chief talent should be making mountains out of molehills.

Finally I got busy and made laundry soap. I did a double batch this time as I have the storage containers and the stuff was out anyway. Yes those large white jugs once held kitty litter but they work wonderfully as laundry soap storage. Recycle, reduce, reuse!!



Plants have finally been planted, rhubarb tea poured onto ant hills at last.  I made more glass mushrooms for the front yard.  KitKat came over and dug out the lily of the valley for me AND she took some of the day lilies that I do not like, but she does. As she is just starting to work on her yard, she can use them. I even dead headed the peonies!! Go me!!


Yes, yes, there are a lot of weeds out there, I said my energy level was coming back, I did not say it had gone crazy!!. I need to get out there and trim the tree so you can walk into my house without getting slapped in the face with a rather willful branch.

Knitting has been going one as well. I found some new yarn just right for dishcloths and it was in the most cheerful bright yellow I knew I needed some for my kitchen. It was called Sudz and is finer than the cotton I usually use. Very nice and soft. I got three of them made. I am still making puppets and quilts of course.


Here is where I get the Drama Queen crown. I have had, for months, a new shower head to install. I have worked it up in my head that this is like the worst job ever and takes all manner of contortions to accomplish. Fancy wrenches, turning off the water, oh the list of foreseen difficulties grew and grew As I have thought about it and talked about it, it has taken on epic proportions in my head. Well I had company coming and I finally just had to get at it, no putting it off, no cavalry coming to my rescue. Got to getter done!!


OMG the only way this could have gone quicker and easier is if the dang thing had installed itself. Literally unscrew the old one, screw in the new one. Less than five minutes work, I worked up more of a sweat worrying about it than the actual doing of it. I really must work on my need to overthink stuff. So happy to have this new shower head, no more having water shooting out at all angles no matter how much of that fancy leak stop tape I wound around the hole.

Birthday Twin and her granddaughter were here for a visit and have headed on to see her family and other friends, they will be back here next week for a few days. The Carpenter and Busy will be here tomorrow to visit and to install this:


New fence for between my house and the neighbours. No longer will I have to worry about the two large dogs launching themselves over the fence to take a chomp out of me!! The Banker came with Sweet Baboo's truck and we picked up the supplies this morning. Squeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! I just hope that this does not cause the Carpenter unforeseen problems while he puts it in for me.

No the shed is not painted yet, inspite of my having the stuff to do it with. Rain has been constantly in the forecast but has not shown up and its too hot to paint it. The paint would just dry too fast and peel off. This job may have to wait a bit. I do want to get it done this year.

Today I have laundry to do and I am going to be working on puppets. Then its out for No Cook Friday with the girls. Things are perking along quite nicely I would say.

Toodles
Linda




No comments:

Post a Comment