Sunday 19 July 2015

Easing Back into the Flow

First week of work under my belt. Not as bad as I thought in  some ways and as bad in others. Struggled to remember computer screen names, struggled with little things like how to transfer calls and how to create a reminder task on the computer. Things I have done a million times in the past but evaded me like flighty little butterflies. Its coming back, in bits and pieces but its coming back. Sometimes its better if I put little to no thought into it and just let muscle memory take over.  A part of me still wishes I did not have to do this again. That I could be at home, quietly puttering about, surrounded by crafts and times out with good friends and not have to concern myself with all the mucky details of the daily lives of the people who have to use our service. Pie in the sky.

The No Cooks had another yard sale this weekend. Got rid of a ton more stuff but there is still lots left. On Monday we are gathering to pack up the leftovers and clear out the Banker's garage. Some will come back home with me but the majority will go to a charity shop. Its so good to have the stuff go on to be used and not more landfill.

DING DONG the LOOM IS GONE. I am truly happy that that got sold. To someone who will use it. Poor thing was horribly neglected at my house. I have already filled the space where it was. Would you expect any less of me??

I have a new plan to make a little extra cash for myself. I am hoping to get to Scotland next year after all. I will fill in the details after I see how things work out.

So today its laundry, baby quilt making and maybe some puppet making. I will try and tidy the kitchen as well but I am making no promises. I have one more week of half days and then its back to full time at work. I wish that thought made me happier but it doesn't no matter how hard I try to change my thinking.

Toodles,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment