Sunday 12 July 2015

Well and Truly Slapped in the Face by Reality

I feel a right fool. At my age one should be over that "oh crap, its school tomorrow" feeling. My time off is over, its back to work tomorrow. I don't want to go. I love being at home, I love being in charge of my own time and I have had that privilege for the last few months,. In spite of the worry about my leg and not feeling all that great, I have loved the free time. This weekend I feel like I am standing in quick sand, I am trying not to move, desperate to slow down the passage of time but knowing I will sink in the end. I am trying to find the positive side, get my mind off this panic I feel and see the best of the situation but its hard. In fact I fail more than I succeed.

I am grateful to have a job to go to, grateful to have money to pay the bills and keep a roof over my head. I am just tired of working and I want to stay on my break. Want it with every fiber of my being but its not going to happen. At least not before tomorrow.  If only I could afford to stay home. Pie in the sky thoughts and wishes. The quick sand is going to suck me in and tomorrow I will go back. Half days for two weeks and then full swing. I just can't face it.

Birthday Twin and her granddaughter were here for three days. It was lovely to see her and catch up. We did some touring around and garage saleing and lots of veranda sitting. She stitched on her afghan and I knit. Granddaughter played on her phone and generally amused herself. For being 13 years old she was a lovely young lady to have around.

They have headed back home, the house is empty and I am not happy. Going to be a fun day around here.



Toodles
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment