Sunday 19 April 2015

Random Sunday Stuff

Its grey and dreary outside, raining off and on, the sort of day made for naps and curling up with a good book. In my house, the washing machine is chugging away, the cats are curled up, snoozing and I am drifting from one thing to another. Unsettled and unable to settle at any one thing. I think I am feeling a bit fed up and sorry for myself but that is not new.

On Friday the Banker and I did one of our road trips. I wanted a certain sign. This little decor store had the pair and several months ago I bought one of them. SO unlike me but I could not think of where I would hang the other so I bought this: It was red, it was whimsical and its tin. I love it.



Once I got it home I immediately saw where I could hang the other. Saved up my toonies and off we went to see if the store still had my sign. It was meant to be, not only did they have one left, they had two, I was  so  meant to have it.  Isn't it cute??? Its not hung up yet but trust me I have a spot to put it.



Back into the car and off to the next town to a little antique and collectibles shop. There I found this little guy. Sort of like an egg cup but too big.


Blue and yellow he is perfect for my downstairs bathroom. Since I sent a little jar flying off this shelf the other day to its death, he will be a perfect replacement. Spend the rest of his days holding q-tips for them that are in need. He ups the cuteness factor of the room I think.


I also found two egg cups to add to my collection and a little crate to use on the kitchen table. The crate will be revealed at a later date. We lunched at a tea room, all in all a perfect day.  I also bought a little pin and a pair of earrings.The Banker and I love doing this sort of a day. Lots of fun.


On Saturday, I discovered my new neighbours have two huge dogs. I feared one big dog from the size of the turds in the back yard but oh joy, there is two of them. My heart has just now got back to normal after they lunged the fence, barking their heads off not once, not twice but three times yesterday. My back door is like three feet from the fence that separates our houses. Three times I went to go out or in yesterday only to have a dog induced heart attack. Time to get a new fence I think.

The fence has needed to be replaced since I moved in here but the dogs have just pushed the issue. I don't like the barking but I could live with it if the added fact that they could clear the fence with ease did not scare the crap out of me. Silver lining, I know have decided that I will be getting a high fence, not the same size as is there. I could not make up my mind before. Monday I will be phoning for estimates. Sigh, I hope the fridge hangs on for a bit longer.

Toodles,
Linda



No comments:

Post a Comment