Saturday 25 April 2015

Onward and Upward

So my leg is infected again and I am back to going to get the dressing changed everyday. I am back on antibiotics. My goodness I think I have taken every kind they have. Oh I am so very very tired of all of these shenanigans. I am tired of worrying about the infection, I want it cleared up and the hole in my leg sealed up with lovely healthy tissue and skin, Not to mention that these ones make me feel ill until I can eat something.

On the less depressing side of my life,  two more boxes of stuff went to the Banker's garage for the sale. I have a third on the go. As I lay in bed this morning I thought up some stuff that I can part with and needs to be added to the purge pile. Its so good to be getting rid of stuff. I finally finally FINALLY put my floor loom on the local website for sale.I would really like to sell it. Well I would like to be in the position to keep it but I just don't have the room for it. I had big plans when I bought it but I have never used it, now Ihave big plans once it sells. When its gone, I will have the space to make some changes and add some storage into my house.

I have been picking away at things that need to be done. I hung this in the entry way. I bought it last road trip with the Banker. It takes me a while to get the simplest things done sometimes.



Now if you get lost in my entry you will be able to find the living room without panicking. I also bought this little crate on our trip. It looked like this when I got it:


 I knew that I wanted to use it in my kitchen so I scrubbed the cob webs out of it  and while I was clenng it I had an inspiration.A pinterest sort of inspiration.  I managed to find my old alphabet stencils from my school days in my seriously messy craft room and hey presto I did this:


Add a few empty olive jars and I think its perfect. I was going to put the jars onto the pantry but I like them on the table instead. I tried milk bottles but the olive jars won out. These look more at home. Please note the kitchen table is still cleaned off.

So I am up to my ears in making puppets, and quilts and going to the hospital each day. I am having book club here on Wednesday evening. I have not hosted in ages and as I have the house looking fit for company, now is a good time.

Got the estimate back for the fence. $1200.00 is just out of the question at the moment.I am going to have to look into cheaper alternatives, as I am not quite prepared to sell a kidney for a fence. So until I figure this out, I will have to peak out the window before I step out my back door. If I could do it myself I would but I am not sure how I would get the fence posts in. Botheration.

New fence, new fridge, new front door, new kitchen window, new wiring, paint and carpet for my bedroom. Its all on the list for the next big lottery win!!

Toodles
Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment