Friday 10 April 2015

One Step Forward, Two Backward

The cats and I are settling into a routine of sorts. I really really do like being at home. I would like it more if I had the physical energy to do all the things I would like to do. Well that and the money to do it all but whatever.....

Desi says "Just find a sunbeam Mama, nothing else matters in a sunbeam."



I want to finish the reno on my bedroom. I have half the carpet out. The wall paper was put up once and then promptly fell off. I want to make a new quilt for the bed. SO today I went looking for a paint colour. I ended up going back to the original one I picked out months ago. I toyed with the idea of going with a dark colour. I love the thought of a darker colour against the crisp clean white trim that I plan to paint. I wanted to leave the nice cream coloured trim but my inner bossy voice will not let it go. White trim it is, the voices demand it!! One must listen to the voices or pay the price.

Getting back on track again. SO I, after much thought and listening to the voices, went back to the pale blue. The house is old, my furniture leans towards old looking and is vintage. The main fabric is a toile. It all goes better with pale. Now I know the paint colour, I need to glue that wallpaper back onto the wall and get that carpet out. In short I need a massive dose of energy. I want to be ready when my physical well being is ready to go again. It gives me something to dream about.

Today I took the milk jug collection down from the kitchen window shelf and washed it. 9 milk jugs that have not been given a good cleaning in longer than I care to admit. I was so stinking tired by the time I got them down, washed them and got them back up. ANNOYING. The consolation is they are shiny clean. Did I mention my kitchen is still clean!! I am so much better at housework when I can be home all day.



I also painted an old set of candle holders. I love scented candles but the fancy candle holders can be costly. Time to get creative when you like something that is costly.  I found these at a yard sale. I am sorry I did not take a before picture but I found them long before blogs were even invented. They are ceramic and used to be painted to look like wood. I originally painted them peach and sponged cream on them. My living room has since changed from peach and I put them away. I found them again in the great purge of 2015 and almost put them into the garage sale box. After second thoughts I painted them red, added some Ikea candles and am happy to have them out again. A rather good 50 cent investment. The paper is under them until I get some felt feet on them to prevent scratches.




The purge is ongoing, three more boxes are ready to head to the Banker's garage. This weekend I am going through my spare room closet which hides my seasonal decorations. I am sure some of that can go.

I am still working on quilts. puppets and a new sweater for me. Tonight is No Cook Friday and I am looking foreward to some good food and some good laughs. Then I can forget I have a new infection in my leg. Oh bother. I am banking on it being nothing serious and easily cured. That is my story and I am sticking to it.



Toodles
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment