Tuesday 28 April 2015

Detritis

With the impending Book Club meeting being held at my house this month, I really should be working at the housework. Scurrying about putting things to rights and hiding the crap. Instead I am here, blogging, listening to the View, (a show that I am not overly fond of but there is nothing else on and I use the TV for company, thank you very much). I actually have the house mostly under control. I have today and tomorrow to smack the place into shape. Mostly what needs to be done is to move the boxes of garage sale stuff, the boxes of puppets for the craft sale and vacuum the rug. Move the quilt and hey presto the place should be fit for company. Being home has made me a better house keeper that is for sure.

I can't talk about my leg, lets just say if there is a drastic change in this slow process I will announce it. Until them just assume the healing is going on, slow and steady. SLOW being the operative word.

The lost shelf is still lost. I have given up on it and am now in pursuit of a replacement. The shelf that was in the kitchen is too small and has been removed. It is bound for the garage sale. I would like to find one cheap cheap to replace it since I have managed to make the one I did have, disappear.

So today I hope to clean the kitchen, dining room and main floor bathroom. I plan to make a big pot of chicken soup and start the purge of the craft room. I need to start the possum puppets today. That is the exciting events of my day. Yesterday The Banker and I went to a Retro Store.

The owner concentrates on mid century modern furniture. The Banker sold him some wine glasses and I found nothing to buy. He really didn't have a lot of stock but had some lovely chairs. Not my style but in the right house they would be fabulous. I tend to like older stuff. He had a nice chrome table with a pretty blue top that would have suited my kitchen perfectly but I need to have a fence and a lot of other things before I start thinking about kitchen tables. Being practical is not as much fun as being frivolous but it has to be done.

One of these days I need to get out and do some yard clean up. Things are starting to peak through the ground and turn green. There are things that need to be done!!

Toodles,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment