Sunday 15 March 2015

Sunday Musings

So the leg is still healing, I am still off work and things are progressing super slow but progressing I suppose. I have to admit I am a little worried about how slow things are going but I am focusing on the fact that its healing and not getting worse. A slim thread but I am hanging onto it with all my might.

So instead of dwelling on that I will move onto other things. I have new roommates, the Arnez's have moved in. They arrived at the end of February and are settling in nicely. Meet Lucy:


She is ebony black, with the loveliest green eyes. She is shiny and sleek and loves attention. In the picture she is pawing at my leg, to remind me to get off the computer and pay attention to her pretty self.

Here's Desi:


He is the biggest cat I have ever seen. Not fat he is a big boned guy. He's a Maine Coon and is a lovely big guy. Purrs like a tractor and at the drop of a hat. He settled in much faster than Lucy but they are both at home now


Together these two have made my house feel right again. Not having a feline in residence just did not feel right. there was a definate empty space. Now it does and I am happy about that.

All this time off has given me some serious crafting time. I have finished the crocheted button flowers for my co-worker's scrapbooking event. She wanted them for the gift bags and I was happy to provide. They are fun to make and a little addictive. Now I have these done I am going to make some for myself. I see endless possibilities with these little babies, scrapbboking, cardmaking etc.


I have been puppet making. I have started to build stock for the craft sale in October. Sitting on my butt on the couch is a great excuse to work on the little critters.


Its not near what I will need but its a start. The penguins are a new puppet I decided to take to the sale. I am going to take away a couple of the others that did not sell well last time and add in a couple of new critters to see how they do. I am also changing the colour of one of the puppets to see if that boosts sales.

I have also started to work on the quilts that I promised to have done after Christmas. The people I had promised them to have been very understanding and generously have allowed me time to make good on my promises.



This is one, I have another top finished so now I need to get at the quilting. I think that will happen today, once I get off the computer.

So that is my life, cats, quilts and crafts. All normal except for the stupid leg.

Toodles,
Linda

PS I did start a quilt after I got off the computer. I spent most of the day, happily doing this:




No comments:

Post a Comment