Sunday 22 March 2015

OMG Its Sunday Again

I have the best of intentions to blog more but time slips away and it the weekend again and I have not done all the things I had hoped to do. I think I will blame it on growing new tissue in my leg. The nurses poked around in the hole that remains in my leg and declared that they thought it looked like new tissue growing. I had no idea that that sentence could make me so ridiculously happy but it did. So now I have decided that all the energy I have is going to ward tissue growth and cannot possibly be used for other things like housework and crafting, blogging and purging. I think that is my story and I am sticking to it.

Not to mention its hard to find things to blog about, my days are pretty quiet and samey. Trying to concur the clutter, resting, crafting and running to the hospital. Not the exciting stuff of steamy newsy blog posts.

I have been crafting though. I got one of the quilts done:

the colours are darker and richer than they appear in the picture but this is it.Some day I will get it right and take a beautiful picture for the blog.  Vintage prints, scrap quilt. Made from squares of gorgeous cotton material. This quilt will just get softer and more cuddly as time goes on.  I will now move on at get quilting the next one. I have a total of five that I need to get done. One down and four to go. Promises to be kept.

I had a lovely surprise today, a friend dropped these off at my house. She knows the way to my heart.


I have made up my mind that I need to go through my craft book bookcase and purge out some of the books that I know I will not ever use to make room for these. I am trying to make room not add to the stuff. I have my third load of stuff ready to go to The Banker's garage. There is more to be purged but hey Man I have tissue to grow!! back off!!

Yesterday I was out and about a bit. Groceries needed to be bought, dressings needed to be changed and then Teddy Bear and I went out for a cheap Wendy's supper. Today was a lovely quiet day. Late brunch, crocheting puppets and binge watching Vikings. Quick trip to the hospital for a dressing change, tea with the Banker and then back home to crochet some more. I have 10 penguins and 7 turtles made. The puppet stock is growing.( I did not make all those puppets today, Three is pushing it in a day, I am fast but not that fast.)

Tomorrow I see the Surgeon again so he can look at my leg. I am interested to see what he is going to say. Good things I hope, Thinks like you don't have to come every day for dressing changes.

Other than that no much happening here. Tissue growing, some housework, some crafting, and not much else. Its a pretty good life.

Toodles,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment