Saturday 28 February 2015

Saturday Stuff

The new to me cats are settling in. Desi has made himself at home. He spends most of his time trailing around behind me, talking to me, shamelessly begging for attention. Lucy is taking longer to settle in. She is keeping mostly to the upstairs but she does come down to eat and use the facilities. I am giving her her space but I have to admit I am glad to catch a glimpse of her once in a while just so I know she is all right.

I have begun the great purge of 2015. Four boxes left my house today for The Banker's garage. Its a small start but a start non the less. Its nice to get them out of here. I intend to keep going, purging a bit every day. I have finally come the the conclusion that if I have had something for a long long long time and never used it, chances are I do not need it so its going out. I even put BASKETS in the purge boxes. Now anyone that knows me knows that is a big step for me.

I am off work until April 1st because of my leg so I have the time to do a little every day. I do not have the energy to do lots and lots. If I had that kind of energy I should be at work. I am feeling good but I tire out super quick and I still cannot get out of bed  before 10:00 am. I think my system is telling me I need to rest to get over this infection I had for months. SO the plot is to do a little every day. I am tickled that I got started and The Banker took them away today. Before I had time to rethink and pluck things out of the boxes, thereby defeating the purge.

I am sewing quilt tops too, a little at a time and working on puppets as well. Easy things, that keep me busy but don't require a lot of energy. My friends are still being super supportive and helping me out far more than I deserve. They are wonderful wonderful people. I was lucky when I chose each and every one to be friends with me.

Best news of all that I received recently is that The Pilot and The Teacher are expecting a wee babe. I could not be happier. More babies in the family!! Its a wonderful thing, I am so happy for The Pilot, he wants a family so bad and he is going to be a super Dad. I am dreaming of making baby things!! I have been scouring Pinterest.

Toodles
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment