Friday 20 February 2015

First Grocery Shop in Three Months

One thing about being in hospital for a great length of time, you do not have to spend any money on groceries. Today the Banker came with me and I did my first shop in three months at least. I have gotten bits and pieces before but this was a proper grocery shop. We started out with going out for  breakfast of course, a stop at the bank and then off to Walmart.

I am not a big fan of Walmart but I needed a diverse number of things and this store would be a one stop shop. All I can say is that I am glad I did not do it alone. While I regain my normal state of being each day........ slowly, (I still have a way to go) I am not as good as I think I am. One trip around the store and I was in a full sweat, tired out and all I wanted to do was have a nap. Once again I am thanking God for my wonderful friends who look after me. She loaded the car, unloaded it and shoveled my sidewalk. I plopped myself on the couch like a slug.

On the upside, after a rest, I got the groceries stowed away, I got the very last of the Christmas stuff put away and the normal ornaments out. Yahoo for that job done. The Carpenter and Busy did a fab job of putting the decorations away, all I had to do some touch ups. I and I alone know the secret storage codes in this puzzle box of a house I live in. No one else could get it without detailed instructions. With that behind me, tomorrow morning its clean the kitchen first thing, paint the stair treads and then I can spend the rest of the weekend sewing quilt tops.

I finally finished and mailed away, an order for 21 puppets. I also have an order for three more but they don't have to be done this instant. Three little penguins. So I have enough projects to keep me busy for a day or two. I like that. I also like the fact that I feel like doing them.

Every day is a step foreward, getting better, getting back to my normal self. Happy Happy that its all going in the right direction.

Toodles
Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment