Wednesday 11 February 2015

44 days

That is how long I was in hospital with my bacteria infected leg. Its still not totally healed but its a lot better than it was and is slowly healing. My mind boggles at the length of time I was in hospital. However, I left with my leg intact and my life intact so I am completely and humbly grateful. Had the infection spread further than it did both could have been in jeopardy. I am back on one more round of antibiotics just as a precaution, which makes me feel better.

I have never ever been under the weather for this length of time. Apparently I have decided that if you are going to do something, you do it big and broad and dramatic. 44 days in hospital covers that don't you think?? My wonderful friends looked after me and my house while I could not do it for myself. I never had to worry about a thing. I also never had a day that I did not have a visitor.  I had well wishes, texts, phone calls, and  facebook messages to no end. I cannot think about it, let alone talk about it without it overwhelming me and making me puddle up.

It is wonderful to be home. sleeping in my own bed, not being woken up at 6 am to have to take a pill. The nurses in the hospital were wonderful but I prefer home thank you very much. I am off work until the beginning of March. Which is nice since all I seem to want to do is sleep. I am getting quite fond of the naps in the morning, afternoon and early evening. I am easily tired and have little to no energy.

In-spite of this I am making myself do a little something each day. My house is a disaster. I lost interest in doing anything so long ago that my house is showing the effects. The great purge of 2015 has begun, slowly, but its begun. A little each day and eventually it will get back to normal.

I hope to start blogging more regularly from now on. Right now I think its nap time.

Toodles,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment