Wednesday 5 June 2013

Told You I'd Show You

Its a freakin miracle at my house tonight, I actually did the dishes and its not even Saturday. I think I have been invaded by aliens and they have turned me into a pod person!! Well not really but it is very odd to have done the dishes on a week day, when there is no company expected.

So last weekend I was yard saling and I found this DVD tower cheap cheap cheap but it was showing a little wear. Just one of those black particle board thnigs but it is just the ticket for my bedroom to store DVD's and knick knacks.

As my friends will attest I am very pro "you can paint anything" so when I got this home I decided to slap a lick of cobalt  blue paint onto it and spruce it up a bit. I also had some sticky vinyl paper that is mostly white with tiny blue flowers on it. I used it for the back and it makes the whole thing look rather ok I think.


Eventually I intend to paint my night tables this same colour, which I had a pot of this paint in the house. I love this colour. Eventually my room will mostly be a pale smoky blue but there will be three hits of this vibrant colour in it to jazz it up a bit. Now I have  place to store the DVD's instead of stacking them all over the bedroom.

I am hoping this weekend to work on the floor in the upstairs bathroom. I will be sharing photos of that when its a done deal. I am hoping it works out the way I have planned, If not I have a back up plan.

Toodles,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment