Tuesday 25 June 2013

This and That

I have been going to post since Sunday, I was going to share a completed quilt picture with you but apparently I have not taken said picture. Could be its just too complicated a process, could be I am too lazy, could be I keep forgetting to do it. Take your pick, could be any or all of those reasons. Whatever it is, said picture has not happened yet and the entire week could slip by without a post from me. This would grind the known world to a halt, I know, and I do not want that on my conscience so here I sit, posting away, waiting for my cinnamon tea to cool and saving the world in one fell swoop. Go ME!! (yes I do crack myself up)

I had a nice weekend. I managed to get the last of the plants planted in the front yard. The Hostess generously shared her inpatients plants with me and I now have these lovely pots gracing my veranda and front step. I have the best friends in the world, no doubt in my mind, they are truly good to me.

I really need to paint the steps and floor of the veranda. Next year


My front yard at last is looking how I want it to look. Next year, I will make some changes and hopefully I will get the back yard to be how I want it to be. I did nothing back there this year. Next year will be soon enough. I have big plans for next year. I think I have mentioned that before. Next year is the current chant for all things in this house lately.

Sunday it rained most of the day, so I pouted for about 3 seconds, then I sat down at the quilt frames and spent the day working on the Red Room quilt. I started to quilt it at the cabin and now I have only two sides to finish binding. Once that is done, it can be washed and placed on the bed. Pictures to follow. This is not the quilt picture that I have been ignoring, that is the Endless Stars quilt for R. Picture to follow once I actually take it. Quilting for a day is one of the best ways for me to spend my time. I watched all the Longmire episodes I had taped and nearly got my quilt finished, win win!!

I am back walking faithfully again, by that I mean I have made it to the track two days in a row. That is faithful, right? Right! Again I say, Go ME!! I have decided that I am a complete drama queen when it comes to working out. I would doubt that fewer people than I can make such a big production about walking, expend so little effort and yet look like they have run a marathon by the time they are finished. I amaze myself at times.

My tea has cooled, I need to drink it and then get myself to bed. I am tired, achy and ready to read a bit as I listen to the thunder roll and the rain pour down.

Toodles!!
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment