Sunday 2 June 2013

Sunday Snippets

Something is up with my cordless phones, I can call out but if someone phones in, they ring once then the phone shuts off. I have no idea what is up with them. I really would rather not have to replace them at this time but I may have to. Botheration!! If its not one thing it another. I was going to go for plants today but I am thinking I may put that off for a bit. I will, however, go get the material to finish the quilt for my cousin and some stuffing to finish the latest puppet order.I may start to paint the DVD stand I bought yesterday, I have all the supplies to do it, so I can get at it with no delay and no cost to me. Right now I don't feel like doing anything, I am waiting for my Sunday morning coffee to kick in and then I will get busy.

Here are some of my latest garage sale treasures: This is my umbrella stand, only a dollar, and I love the old fashioned look of it. It now lives in my front entryway.



Here are a couple more finds from my last weekend's jont. This little fellow badly needed a face wash when I bought him. I was concerned but a little spit test confirmed his grubby appearance was just dirt, so home he came with me, to live with all the other little piggies in my house. He is a chunky little guy and will work splendidly as a door stop. He makes me smile, I love his little overhauls and chipper little smile.


This is a ruby glass bowl that I found and would have at one time earmarked to give to the Historian's wife, Granny S.  She is no longer interested in this sort of thing so I will keep it for myself. I think it will be lovely at Christmas time. Its a much richer red in person than in picture. I am not the best at photography and I have just a little point and shoot camera. (I am hoping to upgrade before Ireland)



Lastly, I found these two little guys for 25 cents. I love these plaster plaques, I have a number of them around my house. Fruit in the kitchen, little yellow duckies in the bathroom, swans in the spare room. I have pair of puppies and some blue birds that I have not hung up yet.  They remind me of my childhood and owls seem to be a current favourite subject in my world, I am drawn to them. They have a couple of chips but on the whole are in great shape. I think I will hang them up in the sewing room eventually.


I bought other things, but I won't bore you with all of it. I will be sharing pictures of the DVD tower but that will be a before and after project which I may or may not start today. Right now I need to finish my coffee and then head out to the fabric store. I have to get that flannelette and stuffing, this week is the week I have set aside to get the quilt done and ready to give to R. That will be the rest of my day, quilting, puppet making, laundry, dishes and maybe some painting.

Have a lovely Sunday!!

Toodles
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment