Sunday 9 June 2013

Another Pleasant Valley Sunday

It has been a wonderful weekend weather wise, its been sunny, warm but not too hot, gentle breezes pleasantly perfumed with the delicate sent of lilacs. Birdsong fills the air, its been lovely. I so wanted to work in the garden/yard yesterday but old lady pains and aches drove me indoors long before I had even scratched the surface of what needs doing. Not a happy bunny about that I can tell you.

I did have coffee on the deck several times yesterday and I got to work on the quilt for R. I finally got Baby Girl's name put on the top yesterday and then I got it all set up for quilting. I am nearly half finished. Once I start with needle and thread I get lost in the process and time slips by without me giving it a blind bit of notice. I watched recorded  tv programs and stitched the afternoon away. I can do that without the old lady pains and aches acting up until I get up to move.

Before I settled in for the afternoon with thimble and thread, I did manage to pull some weeds, trim up some trees and wash the sheets off my bed. Lines dried in the fresh air are a delight to sleep in. Today I have had my usual Sunday lazy morning. I will go settle on the veranda once I am done this blog post and finish my coffee. The lawn will be mowed, laundry will be done and I will once again install myself at the quilt and loose myself in my passion.

Its a good weekend. Quiet, a little lonely, somewhat frustrating and yet not bad. Frustrating because I cannot do what I want to do. There is much that should be done in the yard and yet I can't seem to get it done and it frustrates me. Oh it will all get done, I will putter away at it bit by bit and it will get done but I wish I could do it faster. So many of the plants I put in last year are not showing any signs of coming back this year and I am a little bitter over the waste of money. I will give it time, if they do not show up this year I will have to start fresh next. I had thought the hostas were gone but a closer inspection yesterday has determined they are pushing through, slow but determined. Two potentilla bushes, a dogwood, a bleeding heart, a lemonpuff, brown eyed susans, a Russian sage, an astilbe,  two little shrubs that I cannot remember the names of and a couple of lily's all are sitting hiding, Well not the bushes they are well and truly dead. I need to win the lottery. The good news is that the weeds are flourishing!! Why do they thrive and the others struggle??

So I am going back to Coronation Street and then the veranda for coffee. Then I will haul out the lawn mower and get the yard done before it decides to actually rain. It keeps making threats that it might.

Enjoy your Sunday!!

Toodles,
Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment