Wednesday 31 October 2012

Trick or Treat

Well Halloween is done and dusted, I shut the lights out at 8:30 as had everyone else on my street. I had 32 little hobgoblins this evening, that is not bad for my neck of the woods. Most people on my street do not participate in the handing out of candy to little strangers. I find it a lot of fun but not everyone shares my view point apparently. The weather was reasonable and they started coming at around 5:00 pm. I love to see the kids, big or small. I had them all ages and sizes tonight but everyone had costumes on so it was all good.

We celebrated at the office as well. We usually do if it falls on a week day. I did not make my super fantastic witch finger cookies this year but we managed to get along without them. I will try to make them next year as  they are fun to make and they look so real!! Anyway.........

Some of us dressed up:
(clicking on the pictures makes them bigger if you wish a better look)


We had a pumpkin carving contest:



This one munching on the little one got second prize



The one third from the right that says BOO got first prize


We had Medusa


Dr Smooth

Witches


Zombies

and the walking wounded


I just went as my scary old self but I did dig out my skeleton earrings and my Jack-o-lantern pins and that is as good as it gets for me.I like the decorating, giving out the treats but I am no longer interested in the dressing up.

I hope everyone had a Happy Safe Halloween!!

Toodles,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment