Thursday 4 October 2012

More Presents

Well this week just keeps getting better and better. I don't know what I have done to have such goodies lauded on me but I hope I can keep it up because I have been a lucky, lucky girl. So as I mentioned in my last post my friend gave me her spinning wheel and some bags of fleece. Nirvana!! Then today I got to work and she motioned me into her office and presented me with this.

Its rather an unassuming little case, nothing special when you look at it but I would imagine if any of you are quilters out there your little hearts have picked up a beat or two because you suspect you know what is hiding in this little black case.

No further suspense needed  Tah Dah!!!

yes, yes it is, its a featherweight sewing machine! and my friend GAVE It to me. I have long coveted a featherweight and now I have one. SQUEEEEE!!! She is a pretty little thing, I truly wish I had better photo skillz because my fuzzy dark picture does not do this little princess justice. She is complete, gadgets, instruction book, carry case and all. I am giddy. I could hardly work today I wanted to be home fondling her so badly.

I have not give her a run tonight, I had prior commitments and tomorrow night is No Cook. So I am thinking that after Thanksgiving, this little baby and I are going to make some table runners for Christmas. Just so I can play with her. She has all her gold work around the base and she is so shiny. I think I will need to find a name for her.

What is so great about a featherweight?? Well we quilters love them because they are small, easy to tote around and have lovely straight even stitches, not to mention these little babies are work horses. I love the antique look of them. I cannot wait to get going on this one. Sweet!!!

So I have been a royally spoiled gal this week. So many lovely things showered on me. I feel blessed yet again. I truly do have the most wonderful friends. They are so good to me, I just hope I am as good to them.

Toodles

Linda



No comments:

Post a Comment