Thursday 25 October 2012

Here Comes the Weekend

It has been a busy week and time has gotten away from me. Every time I try to think that I will be a faithful blogger I get caught up doing other stuff and I don't post like I would like to . Then I think when I post I am just repeating myself, not being witty and interesting enough,  and I wonder if I should keep this up but then I remember I am doing this blog for me, first of all. If I have people who read it that is great if I don't that is ok too because I write for me.

This week was book club, always fun, fun, fun. I so enjoy that I am reading books I would never read on my own. I like to hear other's opinions and discover things that never occurred to me. We don't always just talk about the book, you hear secrets and feelings,  we share and that is wonderful. We are allowed to have differing opinions and its ok, its what makes it interesting.

Then tonight we did a house warming coffee get together for a work mate J. When I say "we" I mean our lunch group. She has left her old life behind and has boldly started a totally new life. We got her a little somethin' somethin' and so we gathered at her new apartment and had coffee, a few snacks and lots of talk and laughing. She is starting over so she has very little in her apartment,  we got her a gift certificate that she can use to get something for her place. She is so brave to be making this step and she has done it with such grace. Honestly I know some classy ladies. This is the second of my friends who have started over, moved out of a situation that was not making them happy onto a new chapter of their lives and they have done it with such bravery, determination and style. I am in awe of them. I do know some incredible ladies.

I am so looking foreward to this weekend. J and I are going to zip out to the little farm and have a visit with Mamabug, Ladybug and probably Daddybug will be there too. I have not seen them for ages and I am so looking foreward to our visit. I have some things to take out there with me and I am so hoping I don't forget anything. (I am great at doing that sort of thing). I just hope the weather does not serve us up some snow and we will be able to travel without worry.

Sunday I need to tie myself to the sewing machine and get some of these sewing jobs looked after that are piling up around me. I am back making puppets so I have been doing that instead of sewing. Christmas is coming which means I need to get my gift projects done. Oh so many things to do and so little time to do it all. I am up to the challenge though. I love to be busy!! There will be pictures in time of course.

Speaking of projects, I need to get off the 'puter and get that crochet hook into my hands. I have puppets to create!!

Toodles,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment