Monday 8 October 2012

Thanksgiving Weekend

Just home from a weekend with the family. The Carpenter and Busy invited me to come and spend the weekend with them, their children, The Pilot, Miss Mouse and the Farmer. I have not seen them all since Christmas so it was wonderful. Busy's family joined in the fun and there were 30 or more people, eating, drinking and have a great time. I don't come from a really big family but Busy's have been a part of my life for a lot of years so I am used to the noise, the pandemonium and the crowd. It can be overwhelming but the are so welcoming and are so good to include me, it makes for a great weekend.

We had great food as always, Busy is a super good cook and Miss Mouse is not too shabby herself. I am very spoiled and pretty much only have to show up. Yep I am pretty much a princess. I did get to catch up with the kids and hear what they are up to. The Pilot is renovating his first house right now. That exciting, I love renos so it was great fun to hear all about his. Miss Mouse and The Farmer are busy as always. She has been planting trees like a mad thing and working on her yard.

To day they all headed off to do some over the boarder shopping. As much as I was encouraged to join them and Hobby Lobby was calling my name I declined to join the fun. I am sure I am going to regret saying no to Menards but I have to work tomorrow and I am still getting my self back on my feet after the Moose Jaw trip. The practical thing is that I stayed home. Sigh, its annoying to be sensible sometimes. I would much rather be buying outdoor motion lights and rug canvas. I did get time to go and have coffee with B, my dear friend from the Peebles Girls Reunion. I never got there the last time I was in town for a visit.

So I came home today, unloaded the car and dumped everything in the kitchen. Its cold in the house but I am not going to give in and start the furnace, I am trying to put that off as long as I can stand it, every penny saved and all that. I am thinking the flannel sheets will be making an appearance on the bed this night.

Thanksgiving is over, time to get working on those UFO's around my house. I want to continue on with the purge and make some room in this house. Things have gotten out of hand and I need to get back in control. Christmas will be here before we know it and I do not want to be in this same mess then. Pulling up boot straps and squaring the shoulders. There is gonna be some changes made around here!!

My biggest regret of this weekend is that I forgot to take a quilt with me that needs to be delivered to a lady back home. I cannot believe I completely forgot it and then when I remembered my big mistake, there were so many people around me I could not swear a blue streak that I wanted to. I had to be all polite and respectable!! Curses!! Ah well, I will get it there another day. I cannot believe that I forgot it. Crap!! Crap!!
Crappity Crap!!!

I hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful, I know mine was!!

Toodles,

Linda



No comments:

Post a Comment