Saturday 13 October 2012

Saturday Stuff

Well I feel like I accomplished something today. I did my best impression of a plumber and got my kitchen sink back to draining like it should. I did not have to buy a snake and I did not have to call a plumber. I learned my lesson the first time I plunged the sink without stopping up the other sink. All that does is cause a geyser of water to shoot out of said sink and go splat all over your kitchen floor. SO quick study that I am this morning I plugged the one side, plunged hell out of the other side and Voila!!!! the sink now drains. I have tried all sorts of drain cleaners and I even thought I may remove the trap but my sink does not have an easily removed trap and I thought if I tried to remove it I would mangle the pipes and be in a real pickle. I am so happy to have it working again. Now maybe the water will drain out of the dishwasher properly.

That marvel of plumbing accomplished I turned my attention to the drain in the floor of the shower. I could not do that one alone so my dear friend Teddy Bear popped over and lent me a hand. I needed someone in the bathroom holding down the drain and preventing it from spinning about and lifting out of the hole as I cranked the bracket on the bottom. Bracket cranked and sealed. All siliconed and curing now, ready for use tomorrow. I will be very glad to have the shower back in working order. I love the occasional bath, its a wonderful way to relax and I have a lovely old claw footed bath tub in my house but I am a shower girl at heart. Quick, easy, and leave on refreshed.

Best of all I did not have to spend any money on the plumbing fixings. I really do have to work on my tendency to want to rush out and buy stuff. I need to stop, relax, look around and most times I have what I need on hand and I do not need to spend a penny. I did not get at the leaves to day so yard work is on my list for tomorrow. I got a few autumn decorations out and I did get the kitchen back to normal at last. I hauled a ton of recycle out and got the garbage out as well. I vacuumed and mopped the floors. I was supposed to go to a concert this afternoon but I never did get going, I feel bad about that but sometimes the best laid plans do not work out the way you would like them to.

Now I am trying to decide what the heck to have for supper. I am starving but nothing appeals and I really don't feel like going out to get anything. Oh I hate when I get into one of these moods. Supper should be a simple thing, you are hungry, you decide to eat something, you make it and eat it. Why do I turn it into an evening long debate in my head. If I don't take myself in hand I will still be dithering at 10:00 pm tonight.

Off to put paid to the nasty task of deciding what to eat for supper

Toodles,

Linda



No comments:

Post a Comment