Sunday 28 October 2012

Ladybug Picnic

Oh I have had a really good weekend. It always starts well with No Cook Friday, I have talked about this before but its one of the better ways to end the week. Supper and coffee out with really good friends, laugh until your sides ache then head home. I love it.

On Saturday I got up, got groceries and then spend the afternoon out visiting with the Bugs. You know my grandbaby Ladybug and her Mamabug and Daddybug. I have not been out to visit for a long time and it was lovely to see them all. Mamabug looks good, and Doddlebug is growing along as should be. They have ultrasound pictures and everything, another cute little bug on the way. Due to arrive in April some time. I a so excited.

So of course there were pictures, My Ladybug is a cutie for sure: She has the longest eyelashes!! I just hope she keeps them because they are gorgeous. She was a little shy when we first got there, J came with me.


She had just got up from her nap and we are strangers because its been a while since she has seen us but she warmed up after a while. She is such a little sweetheart. Although no smiles were captured on camera they did show up during our visit. We played and she passed out crackers to anyone who wanted one and even if you didn't. She was mildly concerned with my lack of socks while everyone else in the room had socks but all in all it was a good visit.

We had a bit of a cuddle and then it was time for J and I to hit the road. Supper time was upon us and soon it would be time for Ladybugs to have bath and bed time. It was good to see them again and see that Mamabug is doing as well as she is. This pregnancy is not being an easy one and she is managing wonderfully. I am so proud of her.

So having spent Saturday visiting and playing with the Grandbaby and an evening spent working on puppets  I tied myself to the sewing machine today. Once I got up and got going that is. I did my usual sleep in thing this morning. Once I got moving I managed to hem a pair of jeans, patch the knee in another, mend a shirt, hem 4 curtain panels, make two nightgown so they open up the back and make 85% of a red riding hood cape. I need a bit more material to finish the actual hood but the cape part is made and lined. Quick stop at the fabric store will finish this one off. I did not realize that I was short material until after the store had closed. Crap. I have a shirt to fix for myself but that did not get done today. Funny how that happens.

I feel good getting these projects completed. Its a dent in the UFO's lurking around my house. I did make a trip to the fabric store. I had to go with JR and her girls to get the material for the red riding hood cape.  When you are not around kids you sort of forget how they are. The oneupmanship, the teasing, the wiggling, the bouncing. They are great girls, all excited about Halloween costumes and their new rooms in their new house. So much energy, makes me feel old. I was very happy to be asked to make the cape though.

Well, I need to get my supper and then spend the evening making more puppets. I have an order of 10 that need to be to the purchaser by mid November. Thankfully I have 5 of them done already!! Go Me!!

I hope you had a lovely weekend!!

Toodles,
Linda




No comments:

Post a Comment