Thursday 31 March 2022

Still trying


This is the fall quilt I have signed up to do on Facebook. I have not started it yet but I have hopes that I will get at it soon. Jackie White Quilts is the group that I have been making quilts with. 

I am not sure what is up with me, I'm still not quite on track. I keep telling myself that it took a long time to get this way so it stands to reason that it will take time to get back on the right road. My house is staying tidy. I am managing to keep it from sliding back into the mess that it was. I am not sleeping as much as I was the last little while but I am not super motivated to do much else but sit in my chair. I have been knitting but its something I am making myself do, which was never the case before. I have high hopes that this too shall pass. I am really thinking I need to force myself to get a quilt out and ready to quilt. That may be the spark I need to get me going. My biggest fault is I want it all to be fixed yesterday. I am not giving up hope nor am I going to stop trying I just am wishing the fix was faster. Life as a lump is not what I hoped my retirement to be.

Ok enough about that. I have had some good things happen this week. My car started, after months of just sitting, it started like I had been using it all winter. I was so grateful. I was sure I was going to have to replace the battery. Next was the ramp is two inched wider than my walker which means I, at least right this moment don't need to find the funds to have it widened. I can now start to get my own groceries, get myself to my appointments and maybe even go to a store or two on my own and stop being such a burden on my friends.

I went out for lunch yesterday. I went with Mommy Bug and her son Little Mr Bug. What a polite, well behaved young man. He was not too shy to talk to us, he was well behaved through lunch while we had a visit. That is not easy for kids to do but he behaved admirably. He also checked with his mom before he wanted to do anything but sit. I was very impressed. I was also appreciative of the fact that Mommy Bug was willing to deal with me and my walker.

I'm the one who seems to have to do the most adjusting to having a walker. My friends seem to feel its no big deal. I find it much easier to walk with it that is for sure but when you have spent your life trying to not take up a lot of space, not be in the way, not draw attention it has now thrown me into the space and I am not comfortable with it.

My next big hurdle (?) is to get out to the car, get the walker into the car myself and go somewhere. I had toyed with the idea of going and getting breakfast this morning but could not seem to get myself out the door. I will though, I have to get this figured out because I have a foot appointment on Monday I hope to get myself to. Maybe tomorrow.

Toodles Linda



No comments:

Post a Comment