Tuesday 12 April 2022

Winter is Coming

 Blah and Curses!!  We are sitting here under the impending gloom of the worst blizzard in decades. Mountains of snow, blowing winds, no travel, stock up on food, power may go out, get your prescriptions sort of  blizzard. Oh joy! Our snow is almost gone and its getting easy to get around at last. This is disheartening to say the least, although it won't last forever. 


I finally stopped talking about it and actually went yesterday and invested in a new phone. It is huge compared to my old one. I am now on the learning curve getting used to all the new ways of doing things. We are making friends inspite of the fact that the phone does weird and wonderful things almost by itself. In time it will all come clear. I just wish I was smarter at this sort of thing but I am challenged in this area.

Some big things have been happening around here, I have started to make some solo trips for the first time in months. I can get the walker down the ramp at the back and into the car so I am good to go on my own once again. My first trip was to take myself to the podiatrist and then to McDonald's for breakfast as a reward/treat for the trip out. I had planned to get my grocery order tomorrow but I am thinking the blizzard will put pay to that idea.


I have also discovered that I can go out the front door, lift the walker down by myself and when I get home I can lift it back up the stairs myself. I take this as a great victory considering when I got the thing I could not lift it at all. I am slowly getting some of "me" back.

I made Amish Cinnamon bread or Amish Friendship bread last week. I actually baked something!! Who's a wild woman?? 


Oh yes its all non stop crazy fun around this house. Oh to be fair I am having a reasonably good time. Once I totally adjust to my new meds things should be back to being very much to my liking.

My cleaning lady was here to day so I have a nice clean house and fresh sheets to sleep in tonight.. She is a real treat and takes a load off of me as I just struggle to do a lot of what she does anymore. I wish I could still do it but I can't so I am adjusting to the new normal that is my life.

Yesterday the Banker and I went out and ran some errands, got my phone and then hit a lovey restaurant for a bit of a fancy lunch and cheesecake dessert. My treat as a thank you to her for all that she has been doing for me. A small thank you but a thank you none the less. I so enjoyed the outing. It felt normal to be going out in the world and dong normal things.


I got treats delivered to me this morning and it was delicious. A flaky lemon poppy seed pastry and delicious hot coffee. I do have the best friends!

Toodles Linda





No comments:

Post a Comment