Monday 28 June 2021

Slow Start Today

 I am having a decidedly hard time to get moving today. I got up later than I usually do because I just could not convince myself to get up. Bed was far to comfortable and I was far to lazy. I did finally manage to drag my bones up and out of the comfort (obviously) and have now had my breakfast, my coffee, my daily dose of morning pills and gave the kitchen a bit of a tidy. While the kitchen is not perfect it is managing to stay respectable and a darn sight better than it used to be.

My garden hose is no longer leaking, ( I have decided this post is going to be random bits of information as they pop into my head). Turns out it was not the hose but the tap. I got Sweet Baboo and the Banker to come over, he worked his magic and fixed it for me. Makes me seriously happy. My flowers may actually stand a chance of survival now.

I have managed to get the front yard weeded. Now let me explain that because Linda Weeding is far different than other folks weeding, Mine never looks pristine, it more looks like goats have had a banquet and no one has cleaned up afterward. 


A lovely before shot. It does look like a hot mess.


Ok now you have to stretch your imagination here but as you can see by the contents of the blue box I have been weeding. Not all the plants have been removed. There is Snow on the Mountain, daisies, coral bells in there and I have decided to leave them. The lilac bushes are growing back and I have decided to embrace the volunteer plants and think of this as a tiny little  wild meadow. I plan to plant tulips and daffodils in the fall to add to the meadowness.

I did get around the front yard once so last week, now I plan to move into the back yard. I still have flowers to plant and a couple of hostas that need to find a forever home. The Banker came over and moved a couple of peonies for me. I still need to get some plants for the back flower bed but its all coming along. The tree in the back yard needs some trimming up as well. So that is my this week hope. upon finishing the back yard, I will move again to the front yard and take it in turns from here on. Pristine will never happen but I can hope for keeping it to a dull roar.

Covid rules are loosening and this coming Friday the No Cooks will actually get together and have an outdoor supper. We have not all been together for a meal for sometime. I am as giddy about this as kid at Christmas. These ladies are my second or chosen family and they are as important to me as my actual family. Looks like I may be able to see my actual family, as well, at some point in the future. Squeeee! Although if gas prices keep sky rocketing who knows????

I have been working away on the quilt I offered to make for Birthday Twin. She sent me a bunch of her husband's shirts, I finally got going on it and its coming along nicely.


She chose this jig saw pattern which is easy and challenging all at the same time. Easy because it is just squares and a challenge because you have to keep track of several rows at the same time. 

Speaking of quilts I have signed up for another on line quilt-a-long,. Its to make a Christmas quilt which I need like a hole in the head but I find the quilt-a-longs a lot of fun. I have a plethora of Christmas material for some strange reason and this will use some of that up.

Again speaking of quilts. Princess Diva provided me with a nice stack of sheets to be used as quilt backing. That woman is amazing, Now I can get started on making my donation quilts which is something I have been wanting to do for some time. They are going to be a really good stash busting project. I get to make quilts, try patterns I have found on Pinterest. use up my stash material and put the quilts to good use, Winner Winner!!!

Finally got printer ink so I am back in business with being able to print things off the computer. I can get my recipe collection updated. I am making a book of only recipes I really like and know I will make again. I am trying to get this meal making thing to where I actually will make stuff and have some ideas about what to make. Since I have retired, and with covid curtailing eating out, meal making has become a major problem to me. I need to solve it.

Well I should move on, I want to do some sewing today. I still don't have a great surge of energy but I think I can manage to sew, order some groceries and order my fully vaccinated card!! 

Toodles.

Linda




No comments:

Post a Comment